what are you listening to?

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Building up a couple of SolidSteel audio racks. Beefy buggers! Who knew they were made in Italy? I sure didn't.
My 20-ish year old racks are finally getting the boot! Floating shelves... "F" that! :laughing8:

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
Alan Parsons Project----"Tales of Mystery and Imagination", "I Robot", "Pyramid", "Eve", "The Turn of a Friendly Card"........Most of the day has been Alan Parsons. Had a extended listening session. My oilfield buddy Vic was being visited by a friend he made in the "Earth Roamer" owners group. Google em apocalyptic campers.... the friend is Anton Sharapov...a Moscow born and Canadian trained vascular surgeon. Turns out he loves him some Hi Fidelity.
Once again I'm amazed the lines that music cuts accross. Doubtful our paths would have crossed EVER, and that would have been a shame, one of the funniest mothe f'rs i've been around in years. Started kinda mello on the horns, see if the the Russian was serious, he was, soon it was at concert levels. Better part of an afternoon was spent listening to everything from Patricia Barber to Tool.........and he had never Heard of Shpongle, or Infected Mushroom. So they got plenty of that.. Probably went on for 6 or 7 hours. Lot of talk about whats going on in the world. Was interesting seeing it from Anton's eyes, he became a US citizen a few years ago and loves this country without reservation. The gov't not so much, bout like me , love my country, despise the gov't. I'm firmly convinced, if the politicians, spooks, military would just chill, the folks of this world would have things figured out pretty quickly. Too many agendas, too much revenge, too much human nature.....imagine that.... anyway....tomorrow is Anton's last day here, he doesn't know it yet, but he's fixin to buy a 700 WOPL, an Acurus and possibly some F's.... Kinda on the fence there. Listening to them now....damn....they're kinda weird, had not poured any electrons to them in awhile, sound better as we go....damn...don't know if I can turn loose of them....
In 7 hours we cured the worlds problems, specc'd the perfect tunebox, and generally enjoyed getting to know somebody that brought much joy in to my life....even if it was just for a couple days.
He lives in Michigan...

Night folks...... Thanks for spending some of your valuable and ever shrinking time here...I love every one of ya....this is where I do a lot of healing.
One thing all "HUMANS" and probably even animals have in common, enjoyment from music.