what are you listening to?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Cool 8-track, Gary. I don't know the band, either. Just got my Nakamichi RX-505 back from the shop. While in town, I also bought an original-owner Pioneer PDR-W839 CD recorder. I've been playing both for the past few hours and listening with headphones, only.

Someone else's mix tape featuring some Motown classics:

Nando.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Ben: The tech wasn't successful in finding the Dolby ICs needed to solve the problem of intermittent static during recording, so I asked him to just rejuvenate anything needed for proper playback. It's working fine. Glad to have it back.

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It wasn't the head(s)? My first tape deck developed a nasty pop noise now and then and the head got replaced once? So it was something else?

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Diggin' me some Francine Reed... who is she you might ask...get ya some Francine my friends!! :toothy4:

She is a very close friend of Lyle Lovette and my ex and me. Roots deep in southern gospel... deep, low vocals, got the vibe in spades :blob2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francine_Reed

We were up in Phoenix on Mill Avenue in the 90's, hittin' the clubs...Ms Reed you and your friends come right on in :geek:, damn if we didn't pay for a drink that night, hehe!

Her sister Margo, who sadly passed a few years ago :cry:, was a jazz legend in Arizona back in the day, came to Tucson and played a wicked show, in the audience was a very high up real estate magnate who was a total ass and harassed her about her song choices. Well, Margo being herself said 'Ok, mister man, here's one just for you"...She did 'Evil Woman Blues', sang the shit outta it!!! This a-hole was just one row back from us, my ex Terry said something is gonna happen! The next day the man died of a massive heart attack...we called Margo and said "Girl, you MoJo'd that guy last night", she said I didn't mean to do that and cry'd about doing harm....deep!

Back to Francine, listen to 'Joshua Judges Ruth' ~ Lyle Lovette, the song 'Church', search out her solo work, get ya some Francine!!!

Francine Reed and lyle.jpg Francine Reed and lyle.1.jpg

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Ian Matthews - Tigers Will Survive
(1971, Vertigo) G.K. in the deadwax, mastered by Gilbert Kong

Mercury distributed this Vertigo label LP and includes a Mercury inner sleeve and mastering by Gilbert Kong.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
[video=youtube;gaL-G9zVxzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaL-G9zVxzk[/video]

New Blondie from Pollinator out 5/5/17 :love4:

Last edited: