what are you listening to?

speakerlabfan

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap
(1988, Virgin) STERLING in the deadwax; mastering by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound

recycled picture. with Waddy Watchell, Mick Taylor, Chuck Leavell, Bobby Keys, Ivan Neville, Sarah Dash, Bootsy Collins, Maceo Parker. Straightahead rock, and this record sounds better to me than a lot of the Stones 80s output.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I got mine for a buck and a quarter. Mispressed how? One of them gnuspangled fat ones for $20? I thought $6.98 new on sale at the department store was the "Nice Price".
Beside the label being off center the needle seems to ride differently in the groves, distorted throughout. Side two is perfect. $1. at Half Price Books so no biggy.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Beside the label being off center the needle seems to ride differently in the groves, distorted throughout. Side two is perfect. $1. at Half Price Books so no biggy.

CBS or United Artists' Jet label? I would be completely surprised to see one of the UA defective rejects that were returned and resold and created a scandal that made Jeff Lynne so angry there was a lawsuit over it and ELO and Jet Records went to CBS as a result.

That was the mid-70s!

(How do you THINK Ozzy Osbourne ended up at CBS Associated?)

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Spongled - Are You Spongled?

I am SO putting a hurtin' on the D9s right now. Deb is in the kitchen and says her chair is moving across the wood floor :toothy8:

Whatever track 4 is it's engrossing. Just close your eyes and reflect on The Meaning of It All

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
King Curtis And The Kingpins - King Size Soul
(1967, ATCO) Monarch pressing

this was Booker T. style instrumentals except with some string arrangements - borderline boring until the Memphis Soul Stew track.

speakerlabfan

Tagline
---
Crow - The Best Of
(1972, Amaret/MGM)

Crow was a Minneapolis hard rock-based blues rock band, active from 1967-1972. interesting extended jams, one of the songs on side 1 includes a few chords from Jailhouse Rock. Evil Woman and "Cottage Cheese" are highlights, some prominent organ and bass playing on the latter. an interesting note on wiki:

"Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)" is a song written and recorded by Minneapolis-based band Crow that appeared on their 1969 album Crow Music. It was covered in 1970 by Black Sabbath and was released as their first single. The song also appeared on the Sabbath's debut album, Black Sabbath, later that year