what are you listening to?

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Deep Purple

Made In Japan

Space Truckin’
One of the best live albums ever. Their first tour of Japan in August 1972. In 2012, Rolling Stone ranked Made in Japan the sixth best live album of all time. Three tour dates were booked; the Festival Hall, Osaka on 11 and 12 May, and the Budokan, Tokyo on 15, 16, and 17 August. Deep Purple members were unenthusiastic about recording a live album until their Japanese record company Warner Bros. decided it would be good for publicity. The equipment supplied by Warner Bros. did not have any balance control and that the recorder's size did not appear big enough on sight to capture a commercial quality recording. According to Jon Lord, the total budget for the recording was only $3,000.
There were no overdubs on the album. The release in the US was delayed until April 1973 and it was an immediate commercial success, reaching number 6 in the charts.
"Child In Time" still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up (played through a WOPL, of course).

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Had the pleasure of seeing DP at the Kinetic Playground in 1968....my first concert at age 13.....a life changing event. No more The Association or The Archies or Love in my Tummy....!