what are you listening to?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
And I made two pizzas from Na'an bread, onions, seasonings and broken up sausage patties but one was enough so I froze the other one.

YES, I had to use KETCHUP, no tomato sauce or paste in the house....it's been a long time. It was a bit spicy. Here it is week 8 and I hadn't even made a single pizza yet. There are two crusts left to make.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I'm going to pop the cellophane on this mint double album from 1979 tonight. I'm not familiar at all with Elvis Costello, but have been buying & playing a LOT of Dave Edmunds & Nick lowe records the past few weeks.
Crazy how much good music I missed back then hearing only small town radio stations.
Edmunds biggest hit here was 'I hear you knockin' I've heard a million times but never knew who it was.
Nick lowe's biggie over here was ' Cruel to be kind'. Again heard over & over without relating to who it was. They played together in a band called 'Rockpile' And I dig ALL of it. Really talented guy's.
Elvis Costello 002 (Medium).JPG

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Been doing a lot of cranking this old classic ... recently released in another Giles Martin remix endeavor:

super-deluxe-product-shot-abbey-road-anniversary-edition-2-e1565260995634.jpg

Not as profound of a transformation after the remixing compared to the 'White Album' - but still effing awesome.

Songs like 'Come Together' and 'I Want You (She's so heavy) sound like they could have been recorded this century. Super clear & punchy, and vocal staging is out of this world... especially on 'I Want You'. The Logans make is sound like Lennon is right inside the room.

Same boost in emphasis of the percussion & bass tracks as on the other recent remixes. More so on the drumming this go around.
This was probably their best mastered album back in the day, so it already sounded pretty damn good - but now everything is leveled higher with a huge step-up in dynamic range... and no detectable compression BS.

Worth a listen if you're into The Beatles !

Last edited:

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
My first Beatles record ever is on the way here now. I bought a used 'White' Album.
Decided to finally give them a listen.
We'll see......................

BlazeES

Tagline
---
My first Beatles record ever is on the way here now. I bought a used 'White' Album.
Decided to finally give them a listen.
We'll see......................
I couldn't think of a better place to start. Be prepared to go 'what the %$#?' on some parts of it though...