what are you listening to?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
In case your weather and locale aren't very useful for surfing.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Yes but only by reading about it. Performed it but no recording - right.
I have CVB and Cracker that I DL’d via torrent. Tusk included...
David Lowry, crazy as feces and inventively prolific. Love the attitude that comes across in the music.
“Matchstick Men” is on the “Key Lime Pie” release, last album before the band split, and it is on vinyl. (https://www.discogs.com/Camper-Van-Beethoven-Key-Lime-Pie/release/3947898).

Check out The Stranglers cover of “96 Tears” sometime. Worthy!

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Michael Stanley was Cleveland based. They opened for the Eagles in 1973 and were really entertaining. I'm listening to a Pioneer PL12 after replacing those molded RCA plugs (CD4 skinny wire)

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Michael Stanley was Cleveland based. They opened for the Eagles in 1973 and were really entertaining. I'm listening to a Pioneer PL12 after replacing those molded RCA plugs (CD4 skinny wire)
Only played that Michael Stanley - Heartleand album once and some tracks kind of reminded of me of low intensity Eagles stuff - or maybe Poco.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I have CVB and Cracker that I DL’d via torrent. Tusk included...
David Lowry, crazy as feces and inventively prolific. Love the attitude that comes across in the music.
“Matchstick Men” is on the “Key Lime Pie” release, last album before the band split, and it is on vinyl. (https://www.discogs.com/Camper-Van-Beethoven-Key-Lime-Pie/release/3947898).

Check out The Stranglers cover of “96 Tears” sometime. Worthy!
Big Stranglers fan here. Can't remember how many LP's and CD's I have of theirs but 96 Tears is on one of them. Saw them play an old club venue - The Commodore Ballroom on the Men in Black tour. Scalped tickets to that show and did alright. Got a band t-shirt there - said "The Men Covered in Birdshit".

EDIT: OK, you made me look. It's a greatest hits called "Hitmen" and there are 43 tracks on one CD. It was also the first disc I played when I got a Rega Planet 2000. The CD is so long, that the player could not handle the last track or two. It was old and I figured could not stretch that far so had to oil the slides.

IMG_4106.JPG IMG_4107.JPG

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Yep.

Bought it at one of these indoor flea market places they have everywhere around these parts. Looks like it was played like twice ... not a scratch.