what are you listening to?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Ah, the old Virgin label...

Vehicle - The Ides Of March (Kool Oldies 101.5) Pioneer TX-9100, SA-620 through Polk Monitor 4s.

Love what you rebuilt.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Hey Lee....found this in another thread. You got the Denon back...time to recreate! WOPL it dude.

Amen! My moment came when I heard Alan P:arsons "Pyramid" through my Denon DP 1500 turntablt with a Black Widow tonearm with an ADC "Astrion" cart run through a Spec 1, Spec 2, a pair of 901's and some Magnavox 15" woofs and 12" midhorns...............IT WAS AT THAT MOMENT I knew there was more tolive for than oilwells and pus**...

Smile again! Still got the album?

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Speaking of The Beatles

I found this a few days ago and all I can say is...."what crap!"

Had to satisfy my curiosity though. Up til now, I thought Pete Best was canned because he was more the female fan favorite so John and/or Paul were jealous. Since listening to this record, I did more reading and his personality was supposed to be surly and moody whereas the others were lighthearted and cynical. I listened to a snippet of a John Lennon interview where he said Pete Best was a crummy drummer and would be replaced when the opportunity presented itself. But they took him on because they knew him, needed a drummer when they first went to Hamburg, Pete was available and he had drums. He was kept for two years because the girls liked him.

Listening to this record, it is clear the Beatles could never have evolved past the Teddy Boy phase without Ringo.

EDIT: And George Martin thought he was the shits too.

IMG_3392.jpg IMG_3393.jpg

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Volume 4 Sabbath.jpg

This 2012 remaster sounds so good on CD I've decided I need to pick it up on vinyl.
It's a paint peeling experience and I bet the analog transfer is even better.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I spent a good part of last night puzzling over why the left channel wasn't playing on my new 3300, moved it around, then I had the doofus moment and found the SPEAKER had one wire free...

Even the oldies station came in with no problems.

DAMN!!

Currently playing on Kool Oldies 101.5 in the living room: Ruby Tuesday - Rolling Stones.

PS My cat likes the oldies.

orange

Tagline
Right now I have the traveling guitar tape #3, side A on...

I'm puzzled though. It doesn't sound like the track listing a lot.

I see Jim Croce listed from TH member 390FE and I know that isn't there at the beginning...

Song #2 sounds like Eric Johnson maybe with a nod to Al DiMeola at the start and a lot of guitar synth, probably a Roland GR- xx unit.

I THINK it uses Dolby C as well, it's the most stable that way.

This is on my Pioneer with DBX, B and C. I have to go look for the model, Google is playing hard to get.

Anyway, it sounds awesome dialed in right. The cat keeps trying to hide under the old TV cabinet the gear is in though, she's gonna get down there and dehydrate like I found her doing in a cubby hole where there used to be a drawer in the second bedroom, so I blocked that off. That scares me.

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Right now I have the traveling guitar tape #3, side A on...

I'm puzzled though. It doesn't sound like the track listing a lot.

I see Jim Croce listed from TH member 390FE and I know that isn't there at the beginning...

Song #2 sounds like Eric Johnson maybe with a nod to Al DiMeola at the start and a lot of guitar synth, probably a Roland GR- xx unit.

I THINK it uses Dolby C as well, it's the most stable that way.

This is on my Pioneer with DBX, B and C. I have to go look for the model, Google is playing hard to get.

Anyway, it sounds awesome dialed in right. The cat keeps trying to hide under the old TV cabinet the gear is in though, she's gonna get down there and dehydrate like I found her doing in a cubby hole where there used to be a drawer in the second bedroom, so I blocked that off. That scares me.

I'm sure the TTs were recorded with varying use of NR. Some contributors used NR, others did not. The J-cards will reveal the use of NR. Check this thread out, and in particular my posts which contained photos of the J-cards @ Post #49.

http://forums.phxaudiotape.com/showthread.php/409-Traveling-Guitar-Tapes

Nando.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I know I have tapes 1 and 3. I haven't listened to 1 yet. So this was really 6 years ago?

My dad was still alive.

At least the tapes seem to have held up well.