what are you listening to?

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
gamve said:
Got the telly on today. Feelin a bit crook, got a sinusy bloody cold so it's a stay inside bludge day.
Copied some DVD's, played the following this arvo
The Strat Pack. (Fender 50th Anniversary Concert) WOW great video
"Have You Heard" Jim Croce Live (what a talent taken way to early in life)
Waylon Jennings, Live In Austin TX ( bit country for me but worth a watch)
Cheers
G
Was the Jim Croce CD or DVD? I had it on DVD. I gave it as a present. It was very good.
Larry

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Grand Funk Railroad-"We're An American Band" 1973 Capitol Records lp (1999 Gold vinyl reissue)

...."I'm gonna strut like a cock until I'm 99..." What a great line!

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Rex Everything said:
clhboa said:
Grand Funk Railroad-"Closer To Home" 1970 Capitol Records cd (remaster w/bonus tracks)

A long time favorite album of mine. Such nast fuzztones on the album. My guess is it's a Fender Blender.
Yeah, "Mean Mistreater" was rattling my windows...

Jimi Hendrix-"Band Of Gypsies" 1970 Capitol Records cd

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Tom Petty-"Wildflowers" 1994 Warner Bros. Records cd

...Speaking of Devo, ever see the movie "Spirit Of '76"? Devo plays the Ministry Of Information in it. It briefly hit theaters in the early 90's. It's a fun piece of 70's nostalgia. It stars Leif Garrett and David Cassidy what more do you need (how about cameos by Tommy Chong and Moon Zappa)?

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
clhboa said:
Tom Petty-"Wildflowers" 1994 Waener Bros. Records cd

...Speaking of Devo, ever see the movie "Spirit Of '76"? Devo plays the Ministry Of Information in it. It briefly hit theaters in the early 90's. It's a fun piece of 70's nostalgia. It stars Leif Garrett and David Cassidy what more do you need (how about cameos by Tommy Chong and Moon Zappa)?
I thought I saw something with that title tonight. No I haven't seen it yet. Wonder if it's on youtube somewhere?

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Yeah, there are various clips (including Devo ones) on youtube. I encourage you to buy the dvd. It's one of my favorites. i watch it every 4th of July.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Heart ~ Little Queen, bought new in 1977, no bar code....
Portrait label, a fun bit of Heart trivia, In 1977 Heart's record label, Mushroom Records, fueled rumors that Ann and Nancy were lesbian lovers by running a full-page ad in Rolling Stone showing the sisters bare-shouldered (as appearing on the "Dreamboat Annie" album cover) and suggestively captioned "It was only our first time". When a reporter suggested, backstage after a live appearance, that the sisters were sex partners, Ann returned to her hotel room and began writing the lyrics to "Barracuda" to relieve her frustration.[17] The song became one of Heart's biggest hits (#11, 1977).

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
North Mississippi Allstars-"Hill Country Revue" 2004 ATO Records cd

....Recorded live at Bonnaroo. Lots of guests including R.L. Burnside and Chris Robinson