what are you listening to?

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Rex Everything said:
clhboa said:
New Riders Of The Purple Sage-"Worcester, MA 4/4/73" 2003 Kufala Records cd

...Features Keith + Donna Godchaux on loan from the Dead!

Not sure if having Donna around live is a curse or a blessing but ya can't go wrong with Keith.
...Donna only sings on two tunes. She sings lead on a cover of Loretta Lynn's "You Ain't Woman Enough". She sounds pretty good on it. But yeah, I know what you mean. I have a "Dick's Picks" cd where she sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Yow!!!

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Poco-"Pickin' Up The Pieces" 1969 Epic Records cd (reissue w/bonus track)
Atlanta Rhythm Section-"Third Annual Pipe Drean/A Rock And Roll Alternative" 1974/76 Polydor Records (BGO 2 for 1 reissue)

gamve

Journeyman
clhboa wrote:
Gamve, any thoughts on "Bingo"?

Thought it sounded pretty good first up. Only got it earlier today and have only played it once. Will have another listen tomorrow.

Had another listen today with me new subbies adjusted better. Really starting to like this album. Hell it's Steve Miller, What's there not to like?

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Etta James-"Tell Mama-The Complete Muscle Shoals Sessions" 2001 MCA/Chess Records cd

...The classic 1968 "Tell Mama" album (Cadet Records) coupled with 10 bonus tracks!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Just about every Bruce Springsteen Lp I own, your can't get more American than 'The Boss' :evil3:
Watching the event in DC in the background, then NYC at 8pm my time that should be the best show, hope ya'll enjoy the festivites!!

Craig

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
BroonsBane said:
Pat Travers ~ Go for What you Know
Great album! I've only seen Pat live once. He was opening for Ted Nugent at the Toledo Sports arena. I think it was 1989 or '90. It was one of Nugent's "Whiplash Bash" shows. Derek St. Holmes played with Nugent. The t-shirt I got had a picture of Ted in camo with a rifle standing on top of a dead Santa Claus with blood all over the snow. It said "Season's Greetings from Ted Nugent". Longest bathroom lines I've ever seen!

Little Milton-"Blues 'N Soul" 1974 Stax Records cd

BroonsBane

Journeyman
clhboa said:
BroonsBane said:
Pat Travers ~ Go for What you Know
Great album! I've only seen Pat live once. He was opening for Ted Nugent at the Toledo Sports arena. I think it was 1989 or '90. It was one of Nugent's "Whiplash Bash" shows. Derek St. Holmes played with Nugent. The t-shirt I got had a picture of Ted in camo with a rifle standing on top of a dead Santa Claus with blood all over the snow. It said "Season's Greetings from Ted Nugent". Longest bathroom lines I've ever seen!

Little Milton-"Blues 'N Soul" 1974 Stax Records cd

I've never had the pleasure of seeing Pat Travers but sure would have loved to. I saw Ted Nugent once, I think it was in 1979 or 80. Can't remember who opened for him but I had a great time...I think...

Aerosmith ~ Rocks