What are you doing today

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
It is 3.99 for super here. It takes about a gallon to fill my scooter and I'm good for another 150 miles. LOL And yes Web going down hill I have caught cars doing the speed limit. LOL They don't like it. In town I pass them. If I ever get pulled over my speedometer is broke. LOL You can do 35 w/o a license or tags. Mine does a little more than that. On a long level road I can peg it at 55.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
speakerman1 said:
It is 3.99 for super here. It takes about a gallon to fill my scooter and I'm good for another 150 miles. LOL And yes Web going down hill I have caught cars doing the speed limit. LOL They don't like it. In town I pass them. If I ever get pulled over my speedometer is broke. LOL You can do 35 w/o a license or tags. Mine does a little more than that. On a long level road I can peg it at 55.

Larry
Those two words don't seem to go together: Larry and scooter.

Nando.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I'm not allowed to drive. If I had a wreck or anything I would get a DUI. I take narcotics and a few other bad boys.

Now I will say I loved our Audi A4 turbo. I did drive on occasion then. Maint. got to expensive. Every time it went in the shop it was a 500.00 bill. Last one was 1500.00. Now they have made it a lifetime warranty on the engine because of what happened to ours. The coke clogged the screen on the oil pump. A year later they tell us they would have paid for it. I loved that car.

On the scooter I have some modifications I have done. LOL Old motor heads are still motor heads. LOL

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
speakerman1 said:
I'm not allowed to drive. If I had a wreck or anything I would get a DUI. I take narcotics and a few other bad boys.

Now I will say I loved our Audi A4 turbo. I did drive on occasion then. Maint. got to expensive. Every time it went in the shop it was a 500.00 bill. Last one was 1500.00. Now they have made it a lifetime warranty on the engine because of what happened to ours. The coke clogged the screen on the oil pump. A year later they tell us they would have paid for it. I loved that car.

On the scooter I have some modifications I have done. LOL Old motor heads are still motor heads. LOL

Larry
Oh, a hopped up scooter is more like it. Yes, imports are expensive to maintain. Except this Volvo of Geri's. It's a 1996 850 GLT. We drove it to my friend's place, about 5 hours drive northeast of us, two weeks ago, and it knocked off 32 m.p.g.. I (we) bought the car for $400, put a $500 engine it, and upgraded with a few new parts; timing belt, water pump, and tune-up parts, then redid the brakes. All in all, a wonderful car. My daughter's older BMW 325i was a nightmare to keep maintained. Definitely, not a car for a first-time driver.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Gotta add my story. In 1982(yep, almost 30yrs) my wife, Jan, bought a Honda Accord LX Hatchback. In that time it has required 2 plug changes, 1 fuel pump and a float for the carb.
Still her daily driver.