Welcome soundude!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Or not. But we really don't bite......not hard anyway. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

soundude

Journeyman
Thanks Guys
It's great to finally join a group where everyone recognizes its members...join a few others like audiogon and Diyers, AK but not as the same type of community as here...like it here think I'll stay...
Anyway myself, I am a Advanced EE, never went back to school to get my Bach., also became a member of the Mathmatical Association of America in 1990. Have been very active in my 33year term.. started at 13...now I givin away my age. I work for ADP as a Senior Operations Tech, biggest responsibility there is critical infrastruture, 3meg gens, data center power and cooling, chillers, and designing the automations systems...tough job can't screw up or nobody gets paid..
My biggest love is for music and good sounding music with that comes a huge responibility for speakers and equiptment, same as all of you. Or you wouldn't be here, rite. I've become very passionate over the years for tubes since my era of growing up transistors were coming into puberty. I've had many SS amplifiers and some I paid dearly for but couldnt get the smooth flow like tubes, must be a distortion thing...LOL
Within this time I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the engineers and builders of audio, Artie Nardell, Paul McGowen, Ness Pass, Matt Polk...etc I've also donated and wrote for some audio mags, like glass audio, sound practices and vacuum tube valley...VTV Charle Kittleson..RIP.
So I've been devoted to my passion and always will be, goal is for the perfect sound and always upgrading and building to make that goal...and it's guys like Joe and Lee and the help of the rest of you that may get to reach that goal....
Second biggest love that is the only thing that can drag me away from the work bench is my motorcycles. or my angel....love riding to me there is nothing more relaxing then the pounding of a 100cu in V twin between you legs and the cool mountain air blowing across your face and being free....Wish I had a peppermint pattie about now...LMAO!!!!
With that done..Hello Everyone Thanks for having me.... :)

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Hi Johnny,

That's a great rundown on your history and interests. Now, do any of your workmates share the same passion as yourself? You'd think being involved in the field of electronics, there has got to be someone else within your team who loves to relax after a stressful day at work and listen to tunes. Or does everyone go to your place?

Nando.

soundude

Journeyman
Hi Nando
I wish I had someone who shared my passions, I'm sort of a perfectionist sometimes and some people think I am to meticlous but I think everyone would want perfection...if not there be no drive.
Some of my friends love music but go buy a consumer system to hear it. My workmates aren't advanced that way and I don't blame them, its alot of time and effort this field.. I really don't know how they relax but I know I'm rubbing off since a couple of them just bought motorcycles! I do have a couple friends that come over and veg, problem is they never leave...LOL. But all is well they respect the field and very curious of the systems and operations. Hard explain the technical aspects of audio systems they say speak english man...
Thats what makes people like us professionals, its our intrests that get us there..
How about you? Know of any good music that have kick a** sonics?
Everyone share one of my sampling sites..somebody has to know of this one...I use www.legalsounds.com, awesome site to buy music of any genre or group, songs are 9 cents and you can download a whole album for $1.08...really sign up throw in 50 bucks and you will live off that for the whole year. If I like the alum I will go to local FYE and purchase the original. Since this is a international site I have gotten music that has not been distrubted in the states and the have recording studios that put demos on too...got some great music from here. Trust me you won't be disappointed, at least check it out...cost you nothing to look....check out Enigma the album is called Sleep....enjoy... :)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Shpongle----Titles-----=-"Are You Shpongled", " Ineffible Mysteries of Shpongleland", Tales of the Inexpressible", "God Particle"

The Crystal Method---"Vegas"

Younger Brother--" A Flock of Bleeps", "Last days of Gravity" , "Vaccine"

Elite-ist

Staff member
Johnny: If you want to give your system a health check then try out the titles Lee has recommended. I like Enigma. Think of Shpongle as Enigma on Red Bull. And then your friends will want to spend the night!

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Vegas and Tales of the Inexpressible are the standard amp test tunes around here.

soundude

Journeyman
just put all the albums in the que's getting ready to download and burn....all of them cost me 4.85 and the quailty is 320kbps way above cd quailty...
Lee/ Nando, If you have a request give me your email can send to a friend for free download..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ok, just got an M-Audio "Audiophile 2496" Haven't unboxed it yet. Is this one of those things where i can process it through the M-Audio before burning??

Elite-ist

Staff member
That's might kind of you, Johnny. If I was granted one wish, what would it be?

Nando.

soundude

Journeyman
wish away....just dont forget to send me your email, mine - John I deleted that. In an open post you DON"T WANT youe e-mail listed, you will drown under mountains of spam.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Sorry about editing one of your posts sir, but the quicker the better. Better to handle that in a PM.