Wanted: Turntable Mat for Technics SL-Q5

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
Thank You.

This mat is odd in that it has a pressed in spot underneath it for mechanical control. Also has a hole for a small lever.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I have a good Technics TT mat I would give you for the cost of shipping, but it lacks the features you mention.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I appreciate that, however, it really needs the specific one. I think it needs a larger center hole too now that I think on it.

i think I'd go for a broken/parts version of this turntable if it had the mat with it.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Other brands had this feature on some models as well and the holes are for sensing record size (they work similarly to a cassette interlock in that a 7" record will not depress the 12" lever and the arm cues to the correct place.

Is the spindle hole larger to sense a 45 adapter vs. a 33 rpm 7" single with a 33 rpm hole? The pucks are usually hollow inside.

Of course, the custom outside the US in in some places early on was to use a 45 rpm 7" with a hybrid hole that was 33 sized and looked like it would punch out. Unmodified, this would possibly not play automatically at the correct speed.

Last edited:

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I'll have to dig it out to take a look. But if you here of anything let me know. When I looked up the part #, it appeared unique to this TT as far as I could tell.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
had a PILE of TT mats from over the years somewhere in the garage and I know I have that type, just not sure if it has a punched center but then again, it's not hard to punch it yourself. I know what you mean about the holes so I will take a look. No promises but if I have one, it's yours. I used to save the platters for scrapping off TT's that needed something, not worth fixing them up, I have too many TT's already kicking around