WANTED: Carver C-1 and BSR EQ3000

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Before I toss my Kopeks at ebay again, thought I'd ask here if anyone has a Carver C-1 in good shape (I will do the upgrade mods on it, or buy one already done) and a BSR EQ300 (the one with the gas- discharge spectrum display). Looking for both in VG+ or NM condition (if it's okay to borrow the Goldmine grading!).

TIA, doggies!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Mark, the best C1 upgrade out of the many available, is the aluminum plate which mounts on the back which enables you to install gold plated rca's and get rid of the plastic crap which has plagued PL/Carver gear forever. I have installed many and they are great. The upgrade kit called the "BillD" kit is really a waste of time and money being the kit calls for replacement of all the resistors with 1% resistors. The majority of the BillD mod is good but after doing the complete mod including the 1% resistors proved to be a waste, I quit doing the resistor replacement which is like 150 resistors.

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
Mark,
If you’re wanting to do the rear plate mod, I do have one with damaged rca jacks. Bought replacements but haven’t installed them.
I’ll try to get some pics up later, but have a full schedule for a bit.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Mark, the best C1 upgrade out of the many available, is the aluminum plate which mounts on the back which enables you to install gold plated rca's and get rid of the plastic crap which has plagued PL/Carver gear forever. I have installed many and they are great. The upgrade kit called the "BillD" kit is really a waste of time and money being the kit calls for replacement of all the resistors with 1% resistors. The majority of the BillD mod is good but after doing the complete mod including the 1% resistors proved to be a waste, I quit doing the resistor replacement which is like 150 resistors.
They seem to have dropped from 150 resistors to 80 in the kit I bought, apparently sticking to signal path components only. I have the kit, haven’t gotten into it just yet.