Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
I use a Wavetek 134, it's got a few more bells and whistles but we used them in the Navy and they are Bullet-Proof. Jer probably used them too. Got a couple on the bay, about $150 but worth it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=wavetek+134&_sacat=0
LOL vaguely during the 1 year P-3 adventure in "610", but yeah.. good sig gens, those were! Focused more on the amps and couplers for the ARC-161 HF.. I remember the squadron det guy from VP-4 clearly when he was working on them. Guy was really gun-shy.. I think it was because back at Barbers he was a "legend" because somehow he or someone else mistook the oxygen bottle for the nitrogen bottle. Amp had a 3 minute timeout before it applied the 3KV to the transmitter tube. 3KV, pure oxygen, and a sealed up transmitter compartment - you tell me what happened next.

The dude would stretch as far as the mic cord on the test set would reach after he powered 'em on, LOL.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
VXE-6 Had all the "Good Old Junk" since it was funded by the National Science Foundation, but it was standard in alot of the shops until replaced by the new stuff. We still had tube radios and radar for the longest time.

stetter

Journeyman
I am going to make an offer and try and get at that price. Like you said just to have one until I find something better. I will upgrade down the road for better one. It is in great shape so should work until a deal I can't pass up comes along. It seems like all of us electronic junkies are getting long in the tooth and a lot of nice equipment is getting moved on down the road.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
I got caught in a pinch and needed some kind of a sine wave generator to see if an amp would pass a signal. I found it on itunes for free. I like the Waveteks but own all HP. Bought them all at Dayton hamventions 20-30 years ago. I got to work on the 204C oscillator last year when it had a power supply cap fail. It was 30 years old. The quality craftsmanship made it a privilege to work on.

Last edited:

stetter

Journeyman
well the price got too high when I told him I was interested. I decided to add the money to the kitty for a better one. I have to start my search over. Do you remember the app name that was on itunes?

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I ain't gonna lie. I bought a cheap China made function generator too so I got a sencore and a function generator from China. The china one is pretty good . I don't have a clue how to use all the functions.