Using search engines effectively

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
So, checking out ebay tonight I notice this here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-R-9-STER...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item58829e8f6f

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, Yamaha has a section of their site that contains not only this manual but quite a few others as well. This is an owner's manual.. nothing more than that.

But this bozo is making a profit out of it. The so called "high quality copy" is the exact same PDF you can download from Yamaha.

What's worse that than? How about the two saps that actually purchased the dang thing?? I want their email addresses - I have a $500.00 late model Insignia home theatre/DVD combo to sell 'em.

Sucker's born every minute... :withstupid:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I guess that if they're that loyal to eBay, to the point of excluding getting their Easy Pass (just REGISTER), same thing as in free manuals at Roland, just no SERVICE manuals, either way.

Same thing for SONY.

Kenwood, JVC, Panasonic/Sharp/Technics, Pioneer? Forget about it.

HMM. That might provide the answer!

People are so used to buying them from third parties they have no clue about the free ones.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Not to defend this guy but depending on the Printer he used and there is also the cost of paper then the labor to do it. These manuals although I would not go after an O/M, have some cost to them no matter if you can get them for free. Just ask Rick Stout if when he gets a manual that if it duplicates itself and makes the final product on it's own. I am sure there is a lot of work to them. Also, there are some people who do not like to use Pdf files to read about something. I also can state that there are still some people in the world that will ask you what you are talking about when you say just download the free Pdf file. There are older people that don't have the download idea too well figured out and searching for something is not even in their thought process. Sooooo this guy may be doing these folks a service. $10 is not a lot to ask if the manual is well done but he really gives no proof that the duplication is of pristine quality. Most of the manuals I printed out where done on a $30,000 copier/printer and the toner or ink wax block were not free either. It did a magnificent job. Maybe he is using a good printer. There is a lot to be examined here.
Yes, I know there are a few crooks on E bay and I have the names of some of them.