Ultrasonic cleaner

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
Here is what I use with fantastic results. Some very noisy LPs have become nearly silent.
Taken from an extensive discussion on AK:

50ml Triton X-100
38ml Hepastat 256
72ml 99% IPA added to the Triton and Hepastat

mix the above in a container (I use an empty IPA bottle) and as you can see, the total is 160ml.

Fill the 6L tank with about 5 quarts of distilled (you will see that brings the level to the FULL mark inside the tank).
Then, measure 20ml of your solution and pour that in the tank, followed by an additional 150ml of IPA (I've used up to 200ml but don't notice any benefit). Turn the tank on and let the transducers run for at least 5 minutes to "degass" the mix and you're ready to add records.....that is, after the tank heats to the desired temperature.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Simple green, cut with water. Start with the least harsh method and you can always work your way up IF NEEDED. I stuck 2 1929 singer sewing machines in mine and 2 hours later they were clean as hell. I also used purple power but it is more aggressive. It all depends on what you are cleaning (and you didn't say).

Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
Sorry, I made the assumption it was for album cleaning. I've been thinking about that a lot lately and just like Amagon I recommended it. :D

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
I need one of these, badly. For records and anything else that will fit in it (car parts).
Pressure washed my aluminum siding last week and researched chemical cleaners to use beforehand.
Like Sniff said, Simple Green is highly recommended and worked great.
Purple Power is so alkaline that it corrodes aluminum.