Tube Lovers

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Vera, vera, nice!

How does it sound?

Of the four power supply caps, why are two black, and two a sort of brown. Different values?

Cafe944

Journeyman
Vera, vera, nice!

How does it sound?

Of the four power supply caps, why are two black, and two a sort of brown. Different values?
As For The Sound, Spectacular. It Really Excels In The Phono stage. I've Had More Pre Amps Than I Care To Remember. This Is The Most Musical Piece I've Ever Heard. As For The Different Caps, They Are Different Values And Are Employed To Perform Separate Functions. This Particular Unit Is Over 50 Years Old.

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Tagboard is such sexy stuff. Much cleaner looking than standard point to point. Musicaps and what are the blue guys?

Running it unshielded ? No hum problems ?

One thing I hate about old tube gear is the input jacks. The spacing is so tight you can't use any easily available good cables on them. You end up making your own, or using cheapos that are small enough to fit.

Cafe944

Journeyman
Tagboard is such sexy stuff. Much cleaner looking than standard point to point. Musicaps and what are the blue guys?

Running it unshielded ? No hum problems ?

One thing I hate about old tube gear is the input jacks. The spacing is so tight you can't use any easily available good cables on them. You end up making your own, or using cheapos that are small enough to fit.
Have No Idea What The Blue Guys Are. As For Hum, The Unit Is Dead Quiet.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Jose: Thanks for giving us a few pictures of your HK Citation 1 preamplifier with the bonnet off. I just began reading up about your model, as I always appreciate a pre amp with good phono characteristics. I like to play records more than any other format. Analog tape is a close second.

Nando.

Cafe944

Journeyman
Jose: Thanks for giving us a few pictures of your HK Citation 1 preamplifier with the bonnet off. I just began reading up about your model, as I always appreciate a pre amp with good phono characteristics. I like to play records more than any other format. Analog tape is a close second.

Nando.
Your Welcome Nando, I will Continue Posting As The Project Comes Along. As For The Phono Section In The HK. It's So Very Neutral And Musical And The Fact,That It Has Bass & Treble Contour Controls. Makes It Very Easy To Dial A Great Sound In Not So Ideal Acoustically Correct Rooms.