Tube amp and Power Supply Identification

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Take your best guess, there are no markings on it. It could possibly be a kit or this old geeze built them. The one with all the meters appears to be the power supply for the amp. The amp plugs into the wall and then there is a cable which interconnects to the amp/pre/power supply. My guess is that it is for Sound Reinforcement with the Kenner Close N Play. He had the Rek O Kut wired to these units.

Tubeamp1 (2160 x 1620).jpg Tubeamp2 (2160 x 1620).jpg Tubeamp3 (2160 x 1620).jpg Tubeamp4 (2160 x 1620).jpg

stetter

Journeyman
At the Taconite mine I worked at, we had a communication system made by Gia-Tronics. The buildings were very big and loud and the system was used to get ahold of the workers out on the floor. We had phone booths all over to talk to them. It was all powered by tube amps that looked a lot like those. The main system was installed in the early 1950s. When the mine was built in the 1950s most of the equipment that was installed was built in the 1940s .

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
It almost looks like an RF amp. Probably just a big audio amp though. Looks to have a 6as7 regulator and some gas discharge tubes