Traveling Creek

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hey ya'll, I got the box today after my nap, I threw my back out pretty bad, and these pills make me sleepy but they do help.

These headphones are amazing, really great sound :faroah:

You hook up the outputs from a tape deck or preamp to the Creek inputs on the back right? I've never used one of these before, I don't want to ruin anything. What are the outputs on the Creek for?

Thanks, Craig

stuwee said:
Hey ya'll, I got the box today after my nap, I threw my back out pretty bad, and these pills make me sleepy but they do help.

These headphones are amazing, really great sound :faroah:

You hook up the outputs from a tape deck or preamp to the Creek inputs on the back right? I've never used one of these before, I don't want to ruin anything. What are the outputs on the Creek for?

Thanks, Craig

I ran my 2A directly into the Creek.

The cans do sound very nice don't they. I listened to at least 10 cassettes in a row and never felt fatigued. I knew my dog should have chewed them up :?

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
It is just like any thing else you are putting a component between 2 other components. in from one you don't have to do an out.

Paul PM me about the headphones. We can talk. I can get Goldring headphones. The AKGs didn't make your ears sweat?

Larry

stuwee

Hey all :shock: :love10: love this set-up however,

As most of you know, my first headphone love were the AKG K340, electrostat/dynamic cans, sadly long gone and hard to duplicate today.....anyway, I love these k601's but, were's the Bass? seems to be lacking, even with the Creek in-line. K, bitch outta the way :read2:

The detail the Creek enhances is really noticable right off the bat, I used the Denon DN-790R deck direct and there was much more 'there' 'air' (I hate using terms like those but, that's what I heard). I expected more bass slam, my current Grado SR-60's have more bass, but are about the most uncomfortable things I've had on my head, and I've had alot :toothy7:

For references, music~ Heart "Dreamboat Annie", first pressing 1975 Mushroom Lp to a UDXL II
Elton John ~ "Captain Fantasic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" SACD transscribed to a MA-XG, on top line Sony ES rig by BlazeES, :thumbright:

The Alan Parsons Project ~ "I Robot", rare Japanese Lp pressings from our buddy Gamve on UDXL II :cheers: :faroah: :cheers:

Supertramp ~ "Crime of the Century", first pressing MFSL Lp to MA-XG

These were played on the Denon direct to the Creek, RatShack cables, sound levels were matched as close as I could get by ear, the Denon doesn't have a volume control for the cans output, so it's not fair to compare the 2:00 setting on the Creek to the unboosted output, I still like this little amp, it really opened up the sound, subtle details came thru, the Grados couldn.t take the power. Now, on to my baby :mrgreen:

stuwee

On my beasty Teac V-8000S, Oh my :shock: things opened up even more, same RatShack cables, same tunes, :love4:

Sir Alan Parsons (was he ever knighted?) producer magic set alight, anew, Wow, the bass more of a foundation than a backdrop on the AKG's, the Grado's also sounded awesome at lower levels.

I'm digging this little sucker, next up the Creek thru the Marantz with the tone controls, stay tuned M8's....... :walk:

stu

stuwee

Short and sweet update, this lil amp needed to get warmed up inside, the outer case is cool too the touch, it's really opened up the sound, interesting, just like my old Marantz, it needs some time to come on song, the bass is now just as it should, 'shrugs', sounds Damn good. :mrgreen:

heritic stu :faroah:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
stuwee said:
On my beasty Teac V-8000S, Oh my :shock: things opened up even more, same RatShack cables, same tunes, :love4:

Sir Alan Parsons (was he ever knighted?) producer magic set alight, anew, Wow, the bass more of a foundation than a backdrop on the AKG's, the Grado's also sounded awesome at lower levels.

I'm digging this little sucker, next up the Creek thru the Marantz with the tone controls, stay tuned M8's....... :walk:

stu
Oddly enough, Eric Woolson handled most of the Project's duties along the way. He sang on a few (never fancied himself a singer) and Alan rarely appeared in the videos (in Don't Answer Me Alan was a CARTOON).

All of this seems weird knowing that Alan worked on so many great albums like DSOTM but that is what I have gathered in all this time.

No matter, it's 100x better than hearing about Miley Cyrus' normal teenage crap. I'm glad you are having fun with your tunes and gear.

speakerman1

Tagline
stuwee said:
Short and sweet update, this lil amp needed to get warmed up inside, the outer case is cool too the touch, it's really opened up the sound, interesting, just like my old Marantz, it needs some time to come on song, the bass is now just as it should, 'shrugs', sounds Damn good. :mrgreen:

Remember it was new. I never used it. I had one I sold. I'll sell anything. LOL So it is probably just now getting burned in. I'm glad you like it.

Have fun
Larry

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
stuwee said:

Remember it was new. I never used it. I had one I sold. I'll sell anything. LOL So it is probably just now getting burned in. I'm glad you like it.

Have fun
Larry
Heck yeah Larry, it's burning in, leave it to the stuwster :cherry: , it really did come on song, I'm in love.

Orange, sadly we lost Eric this year, he was one of the best as well, many thanks to Gamve for the fabulous APP tapes I use over and over :flower: edit: they are UD-XL II-S's from his Nak I believe.

I can't wait to hear what the others think about it, it really is special Larry, Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy it :cheers:
Craig

Seems like the Stewster is enjoyin the rig.

It sure made me consider an outboard HP amp and a nice set of cans.

Since we are here in the condo I know my wife enjoyed me listening to cans :D

speakerman1

Tagline
Rex Everything said:
Seems like the Stewster is enjoyin the rig.

It sure made me consider an outboard HP amp and a nice set of cans.

Since we are here in the condo I know my wife enjoyed me listening to cans :D
You too can have one. LOL Its only money. LMAO. I can check the single. I told you to PM me and we would talk.
Thanks
Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
stuwee said:
Orange, sadly we lost Eric this year, he was one of the best as well, many thanks to Gamve for the fabulous APP tapes I use over and over :flower: edit: they are UD-XL II-S's from his Nak I believe.

Craig
Aye, I'm all too aware and saddened myself. Steadfastcoward left a eulogy on You Tube somewhere at the time.

speakerman1

Tagline
I'll tell you guys a little secret. I would rather hear my system than the cans. I listen to Creek all the time. Jerry is scared to come to my house. I even cleaned my sound room for him. LOL I'm sitting here listening to FM. Sorry guys people talk about not buying new gear. You can't hardly find used Creek gear. I have to get a splitter for my antenna. I'm about to crank haven't disturbed any one lately. Would rather listen to this than cans any day. More open and just awesome. I don't have the Creek cranked half way yet. I have clipped it once to see how loud it would get. It was so loud the sound was just bouncing every where. We be jammin now. It is at 1/2 and crystal clear. These little Epos are sweet with a 6 inch woofer. Maybe I should put the Tubes in living room. Listening to some great blues. I can't explain it. I have always had a jamin stereo. I'd scour pawn shops till I found what I wanted. Usually a 70s HK amp or a 70s Rotel. Tuner and TT. I knew what sound I liked. One thing is my wife never complains. I'm very lucky that I owned a store. You guys wouldn't believe what I pay for things. I couldn't afford any thing if I had to pay full price. I can make good deals for you guys if you want.

I'm going to compare systems in a bit. I'm letting the tubes warm up. Nice to just sit here and jam on a Saturday morning.

Larry

stuwee

speakerman1 said:
I'll tell you guys a little secret. I would rather hear my system than the cans. I listen to Creek all the time. Jerry is scared to come to my house. I even cleaned my sound room for him. LOL I'm sitting here listening to FM. Sorry guys people talk about not buying new gear. You can't hardly find used Creek gear. I have to get a splitter for my antenna. I'm about to crank haven't disturbed any one lately. Would rather listen to this than cans any day. More open and just awesome. I don't have the Creek cranked half way yet. I have clipped it once to see how loud it would get. It was so loud the sound was just bouncing every where. We be jammin now. It is at 1/2 and crystal clear. These little Epos are sweet with a 6 inch woofer. Maybe I should put the Tubes in living room. Listening to some great blues. I can't explain it. I have always had a jamin stereo. I'd scour pawn shops till I found what I wanted. Usually a 70s HK amp or a 70s Rotel. Tuner and TT. I knew what sound I liked. One thing is my wife never complains. I'm very lucky that I owned a store. You guys wouldn't believe what I pay for things. I couldn't afford any thing if I had to pay full price. I can make good deals for you guys if you want.

I'm going to compare systems in a bit. I'm letting the tubes warm up. Nice to just sit here and jam on a Saturday morning.

Larry
You go Boy!! :cheers: :cheers: That's why I love 'stats, they just have the you are there factor, I know nice little 2-ways can mimic the same thing, I just crave the fast tansisit speed of a membrane pushin' some serious air in the room, the Blat of a horn, the quiver of David Gilmour on Wishing you were here, or even better, Ann Wilson showin' the boys how it's done :mrgreen: