Took a left turn and........

Tagline
---
.....bumped into a 400. Then it seems all roads lead here. Not sure what I've gotten myself into, but I've been down some shady roads before. I'm new to these beasts, but I'm ready to get acquainted. This seems like the place to sit and get your shit together when you're a beat up old PL. Looking forward to getting her a long, slow recovery........ and here we go.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, you are in the right place. What else do you have for audio, surely this is not the first piece??

Tagline
---
Nothing real beast like this new to me PL. Right now I'm running an Onkyo Integra A-8067 BPC with a set of 2ax's and MCS 8228, which actually sound pretty good and can rattle the house when I want it too. I rehabbed a pair of 901 series IV i want to put a little power to. I think this should do it.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Welcome! My beater system is a Onkyo M-504 driven with a Kenny Basic C2 pumping my D9s which I just refoamed today. It's funny, the D9s make the M-504 seem like a lightweight. I have the meters near pegged right now and the D9s are not even really breathing

Get that 400 done up WOPL righteous and you will be in HEAVEN

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Hehehehehe......fresh meat. Welcome, you're gonna enjoy this. Sure will get you thinking.

Does the 400 currently work?

Tagline
---
Thanks Northwinds. Gonna be a long haul, but I'll get there. I'll get some pics up when I have a min to get a "build/help this idiot out" thread going. Pretty sure I bought some Emits from you a while back on AK.

Tagline
---
Hehehehehe......fresh meat. Welcome, you're gonna enjoy this. Sure will get you thinking.

Does the 400 currently work?
I have to get the DBT out. I know it works as is, but it was serviced by a "tech" I know nothing about. Not sure what was done. I already ordered the protection boards and that will be my first mod/upgrade.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Those 901's and D9's really wake up with a 700.....
Do you know just how bad I want to hook up the Clair Bros 700 (Sabbitha) up to them? It's taking extreme willpower, something I am not known for. I won't even hook the E-712s up to it, it's still driving a pair of Infinity RS1's bookshelfs LMAO!!! I paid $5 for 2 pairs of them so if one set catches on fire, I will still have a backup pair and the conflagration would be well worth the $2.50. I still have them near the woodstove in case they do catch on fire so I can toss them in before something else gets burnt

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
My D9's were a F&^%$#@ HOOT with a WOPL 700 on em....Ran right with the K's till about 40 hz, then the K's left em in the dust. One night I had ben experimenting with tr-amping the K's, had 2 pairs of Heresies on top of the K's and the D9's in front of the k's. Had a pair of Spec 2's on the Heresies, a 700 on the d9's, and a 700 and 2-400's on the K's........yep the cops had to visit that night....I had finally pushed the neighbors too far.

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Oh, and welcome oblivion. You're really going to like it here. There's a great bunch of people here.
And if that's your pet spider, I hope it doesn't get stepped on. Sure would make a mess.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Actually Gary they are very tolerant, but I was knocking shit off THEIR WALLS......

Tagline
---
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Oh, and welcome oblivion. You're really going to like it here. There's a great bunch of people here.
And if that's your pet spider, I hope it doesn't get stepped on. Sure would make a mess.
Yup. That's my spider and he scares the neighbors too...

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
They used to sell them around here in pet shops. They're different, but I don't think I'd want one. And it sure would scare the hell out of my wife. We get wolf spiders around here and if I tell her i saw one outside, she'll avoid that area altogether.

I'm not really wild about spiders, but they eat a lot of bugs and I hate bugs, so spiders aren't all that terrible.

NavLinear

Welcome oblivion to Phoenix! Lot's of ways to upgrade your Phase Linear 400 - you'll have fun with this. A Nav welcome babe is waiting for you - she'll give you a hand if you need one.

Attachments

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
They used to sell them around here in pet shops. They're different, but I don't think I'd want one. And it sure would scare the hell out of my wife. We get wolf spiders around here and if I tell her i saw one outside, she'll avoid that area altogether.

I'm not really wild about spiders, but they eat a lot of bugs and I hate bugs, so spiders aren't all that terrible.
Amen- I love spiders, never kill 'em for the same reason- they eat bugs. Sometimes I catch grasshoppers or crickets and feed the spiders around the house.
Yeah I have a small sadistic streak...

But one thing- I think I had one in my bed the other night, all sorts of red spots and what looks like bite marks on my left arm.