Thoughts on the PL Dual-500!

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
The
The biggest hurdle might be Don’s DCP circuit.
Dual 500 is the only Phase Linear build with a DCP circuit built in to it from the factory.
I think there is a lot of misinformation about these amps. I guess I will have to work on clearing up the mystery of the Dual 500 / d-500

Quickcarl

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
The original box looked a little off to me.. Its markings were for a D-500 not a Dual 500 and the magic marker serial number looked too new. It looked like some body just recently wrote the serial number on it. While the rest of the box graphics were well worn.. It all seemed kinda off to me. But it don't really matter. I don't want to rain on anybody's new buy. I will just leave it as a congratulations you are now a proud owner of a monster Phase Linear Dual 500 . These amps do have some power in their stock form and with a bit of work they will make you one happy camper..

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
Here's my mate with his D-500 [on the bottom] plus some of his 700 II's [he's got 11] and one side of his Altec VOTT's. [Voice of the Theatre.]
I have to say, it sounds pretty damn good from about 30 metres away.
His wife won't let him play at home, so it takes it out to his mate's place [out bush] and sets it up outside and lets it rip.

Jim's Altec:PL.png

George S.

Here's my mate with his D-500 [on the bottom] plus some of his 700 II's [he's got 11] and one side of his Altec VOTT's. [Voice of the Theatre.]
I have to say, it sounds pretty damn good from about 30 metres away.
His wife won't let him play at home, so it takes it out to his mate's place [out bush] and sets it up outside and lets it rip.

View attachment 50270
Wow! Most impressive.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
The music system I took into the bush was more modest. It had to be incorporated into a backpack and tapes/batteries into someone else's backpack.

akai-pj-11-fs-550x650.jpg