The Tascam 42NB LIVES!!!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I just can't remember if it's the right size. I guess I could go out and look but I'd have to get my lazy ass out of the recliner and walk 50 feet. I was just settled in for the Super Bowl and sucking on a Blue Moon and Orange slice in a frozen glass.... Thanks Joe

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Will depend on the tape tension target Perry. Do you know what it is for the Tascam? The second meter goes up to 0-7 ounces, the first meter looks like it has a selectable 0-1 ounce and 0-7 ounce range.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Dang Robert..... Now my mom won't let me play with you and Nando anymore.... She says you guys are a bad influence. :)

:eek:

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Ha, Nando is the one that got me started on the Pioneer RTR decks. I was always a Teac/Tascam guy but at the moment there are three Pioneers in the collection. I had a couple others but due to a recent move I have thinned the family a little.

Robert

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
The unit I have on bench 2 is a SLC and max is 240 g/cm. We do not use ounces for this. I would have to look at the manual but anything below 40 g/cm is suspect of a misprint. Even the X1000R is 50g/cm with 40 on back tension. I can not see the same tape width type machine being too much different than that. Perhaps they have to compensate for heavier rollers or arms mechanics but then that would only go up.

Anyone have a good source of PR99 brake bands- the part that goes on the drum? $20 and $45 postage from Nagravox is just too much for me to spend for those. I wonder if anyone has ever put felt on the drums? Tascam has them.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The unit I have on bench 2 is a SLC and max is 240 g/cm. We do not use ounces for this. I would have to look at the manual but anything below 40 g/cm is suspect of a misprint. Even the X1000R is 50g/cm with 40 on back tension. I can not see the same tape width type machine being too much different than that. Perhaps they have to compensate for heavier rollers or arms mechanics but then that would only go up.

Anyone have a good source of PR99 brake bands- the part that goes on the drum? $20 and $45 postage from Nagravox is just too much for me to spend for those. I wonder if anyone has ever put felt on the drums? Tascam has them.

Hey Sam, anybody that bought weed back in the 70's knows that there are 32 grams in an ounce. 50gms is almost 2 ounces so you MUST use a gauge in the ounces catagory... Just sayin

So 240 g/cm would be about 7.5 ounces (Max for the gauge) Right?????

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I bought 'Lids' & 'bricks' in the early seventies

I am looking for a tension gauge used on Pioneer cassette decks.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I get crispy with a bag of BBQ or the ridged ones.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
The only scale I use these days is for measuring the Kratom I take. But I have been stuffing it into capsules so then it becomes a volume issue not a weight or mass issue.
I never bought weed as I had a job where I arrested people for it. I guess it did a lot less damage than those people turning over two cars with legal alcohol. Now many years later they are selling it's oil with no problem. Society certainly does change over time. I think it is getting worse but they can't blame that on MJ but stupid politicians. We should sweep the whole lot of them into the ocean.
I used to use a scale also for loading bullets with powder. Don't do much of that anymore either.