The Infinitesimals Made It..

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
My RS-4000 cabs came to me without EMITS and woofers, the midranges needed new surrounds, did that, the woofers are 8" Pioneer CS.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
4 ohms too Lee. You can use them in your truck on those long hauls!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I was absolutely blown away when I heard some and had to have a pair. I figure they'll do for most of the time I'm in the mancave doin paperwork or amp building...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
4 Ohms too Lee, you can get more power out of most amps with that lower impedance.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Very nice speakers, Lee. Well-regarded for their compact size but great sound.

Nando.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I think I gotta start paying more attention in the field. Those are not the Infinitesimal's I've seen. A big retailer I was with had some in the "surround demo" room and those did not like like this.

Infinitesimals.jpg

I've got room for small speakers, big ones - no.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I think I gotta start paying more attention in the field. Those are not the Infinitesimal's I've seen. A big retailer I was with had some in the "surround demo" room and those did not like like this.

View attachment 34050

I've got room for small speakers, big ones - no.
Maybe they looked more like this ...

1552050555595.png

I owned a pair of these mighty little beasts for about 10 years and used them as rear surrounds and later, as regular book shelf speakers.
They sounded great for their size and I really didn't realize how great they were until I used them as mains. Looking back, I wish I had never
gotten rid of them.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There is quite a difference between those and the ones made between 78 to 80. I haven't heard the later ones but have been told they aren't neat as good ...

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Those are probably the ones I remember because they reminded me of Minumus 7's.

As mentioned, where I was working, they were displayed in the surround room. Even though I was required to sell the stuff, I had zero interest in home theater so never paid any attention to speakers pitched to that task. When I had to demo anything in that room, my biggest concern was pushing the right buttons to make the receivers and processors work so I was never compelled to spend idle time in there auditioning speakers.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I suppose if one is a fan of those EMIT tweeters then the ear tells the story. They always seemed highly directional to me, lacking adequate dispersion. But perhaps on a bookshelf config, they do good. I never liked ribbon tweets or Maneplanars for the same reasoning.