Technics mini system...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Found one of these locally- no pictures but seller says "everything works" and is in need of clean-up.

Full set: SU-C04 amplifier, ST-C04 tuner and RS-M07 cassette deck. Says he has speakers too, but I don't know if they match the series or not... Deck can accommodate metal tapes too.

How did these components perform? I was thinking it would be a better option for my son to play with. Or maybe for me to play with. Not that I need any more junk...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Many of these 80's vintage micro series of components were good. Most of the major manufacturers had produced them. I use a Mitsubishi in a spare room. And I use car components with a beefy DC power supply in my downstairs system. Been doing that since the 80's, in different residences.

Nando.

mlucitt

I had the Sony equivalent and it worked great. The only issue I had was that these units cannot be used independently, they are part of the set.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Many of these 80's vintage micro series of components were good. Most of the major manufacturers had produced them. I use a Mitsubishi in a spare room. And I use car components with a beefy DC power supply in my downstairs system. Been doing that since the 80's, in different residences.

Nando.
I could do that as well, I have a Delco UX-1 AM stereo/FM stereo with electronic tuning/presets, auto DNR, CrO2 tape EQ, 5-band graphic EQ, tape search and the Panasonic autoreverse drive, missing the VOL/BAL top knobs and the slider buttons. I have to round them up and the face etc for the other parts unit.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Most of these combo system are made to barely work and I have had to work on many of them in my customer service days- they have specialized cables sometimes and if you open them they are full of bad workmanship as in barely soldered parts. These were made for high profit and in doing this they used the cheapest junk like the toilet paper transports from China. If you ever look at the specs they produce then it is not hard to see they are like the lowest priced dual cassette type decks. I don't think AMSoil would even help them but you could always try. Some of them has plastic capstan bearings. How long is that going to last? These were designed for high school girls and you know what they understand about stereo equipment.