subwoofer recone

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
I have a pair of rockford fosgate p110s4 subs that need reconing can any one point me in the right direction? I do not know if factory parts are still around or if these wold be turned it to one offs with off the shelf parts?

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Have you tried Rockford themselves ? I have sent woofers off to company's before with a nice letter as to how much I liked their product and got brand new ones shipped back to me at no charge..

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Have you tried Rockford themselves ? I have sent woofers off to company's before with a nice letter as to how much I liked their product and got brand new ones shipped back to me at no charge..
I have not yet I got them they were given to from a friend that was going to trash them it would seem that putting 800 watts on a set of 300 watt each even with the gain set the right way or slightly turned down was too much. it would be cool if they still had parts for these from what I could find they were for sale between 2004 and 2006. they were free so I would not mind paying to have them redone

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Midwest from what I have heard does do top notch work. No affil. Never had any work done there. I do all my own speaker repair stuff.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I know this sounds strange but thew apear to bewn they do not read on the meter but yet they are not lockedup/seezed when hooked up they make no sound. I did not know speakers could fail this way.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have a pair of rockford fosgate p110s4 subs that need reconing can any one point me in the right direction? I do not know if factory parts are still around or if these wold be turned it to one offs with off the shelf parts?
--------->>>

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I know this sounds strange but thew apear to bewn they do not read on the meter but yet they are not lockedup/seezed when hooked up they make no sound. I did not know speakers could fail this way.
Standard voice coil burn "open"...

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
An R&R band I used to do repairs for had a sub whose voice coil come out of the gap. The amp (P/L400) did it's best to force the voice coil back in the gap. The voicecoil caught on fire and smoke poured from the cabinet. The crowd roared with approval thiniking it was part of the show.

I've bought several refoam kits from Midwest. Never had any problems.