Stuwee

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Elite-ist said:
I haven't seen macrame used as speaker hangers since the mid 70's. Usually, they were used as plant hangers. I think Cheech and Chong would approve of that decor.

Nando.

There was another kinky use of macrame speaker hangers that a friend of mine used, but I can't list that use here in the forum. Lets just say his wife sat in the hanger. :bootyshake:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Web Police said:
[quote="Elite-ist":3md0ui0x]I haven't seen macrame used as speaker hangers since the mid 70's. Usually, they were used as plant hangers. I think Cheech and Chong would approve of that decor.

Nando.

There was another kinky use of macrame speaker hangers that a friend of mine used, but I can't list that use here in the forum. Lets just say his wife sat in the hanger. :bootyshake:[/quote:3md0ui0x]
Yup, you are right, Web. I think, I have some old 8mm movies showing how that's done. It's all in the positioning, and as I recall, there's a thickly wound spring which attaches between the roof and the macrame swing. There's got to be at least 50 ways of using a macrame basket.

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Elite-ist said:
There's got to be at least 50 ways of using a macrame basket.

Nando.

I think Paul Simon wrote a song about the 50 ways. but his publicist made him change the words before recording it. :cyclops:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Web Police said:
[quote="Elite-ist":1w0izb4f]There's got to be at least 50 ways of using a macrame basket.

Nando.

I think Paul Simon wrote a song about the 50 ways. but his publicist made him change the words before recording it. :cyclops:[/quote:1w0izb4f]
No, I think Paul stole the original lyrics from Willie Nelson, then sanitized his version. Willie, definitely, used some of the baskets for what they were intended: plant holders.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Speaking of Willie, got tickets for a concert he's doing in Gillette in September.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
laatsch84 said:
Elite-ist said:
I haven't seen macrame used as speaker hangers since the mid 70's. Usually, they were used as plant hangers. I think Cheech and Chong would approve of that decor.

Nando.

I was sooooo born in the wrong decade......... :sad11:
Hehe, girl you have to rent Polyester by John Waters, one of my fave lines (there are so many in this flick :mrgreen: ) is "I never used macrame' to kill before" after Lulu strangles Sandra :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyester_(film)

Elite-ist

Staff member
laatsch55 said:
Speaking of Willie, got tickets for a concert he's doing in Gillette in September.
That's a concert worth going to, Lee. I do like Willie, not only because of his songs, singing ability and talent, but because he's someone you would feel comfortable having a beer with. I hope Willie lives a very long life.

Also, is this a concert the extended family (84) will be going to? And I hope you are not scrambling over to the net, just now, before answering this question.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Elite-ist said:
laatsch55 said:
That's a concert worth going to, Lee. I do like Willie, not only because of his songs, singing ability and talent, but because he's someone you would feel comfortable having a beer with. I hope Willie lives a very long life.

Also, is this a concert the extended family (84) will be going to?

Nando.
God, I hope he doesn't get arrested again, jeeze he's 70 somethin' f'n years old, if he wants to smoke some doobie and eat some 'shrooms, let him!!! Freak'n cops :angryfire:

Elite-ist

Staff member
stuwee said:
Elite-ist said:
laatsch55 said:

Also, is this a concert the extended family (84) will be going to?

Nando.
God, I hope he doesn't get arrested again, jeeze he's 70 somethin' f'n years old, if he wants to smoke some doobie and eat some 'shrooms, let him!!! Freak'n cops :angryfire:
Stuwee: Man, I've been to a few recent concerts where there was more pot being smoked in the stands, than having to worry about the performers being high. There's such a stigma about law enforcement being strongly against mj possession in the U.S.. It's not quite the same, here in Canada, and, especially, in B.C..

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, 84 and her Hubby also. Anyone who toked on the roof of the White House under the watchful eye of the secret service is ok in my book.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
stuwee said:
laatsch55 said:
Really, during the Clinton Admin if I'm not mistaken.
Hehe, figures...."I did not inhale" and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!" It's ok Bill, if I was married to Hillary, I woulda done both :lol:

How could you pass this up? :cyclops:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Web Police said:
stuwee said:
laatsch55 said:
Really, during the Clinton Admin if I'm not mistaken.
Hehe, figures...."I did not inhale" and "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!" It's ok Bill, if I was married to Hillary, I woulda done both :lol:

How could you pass this up? :cyclops:

Resolving all the world's conflicts is in her hands.

Nando.