Squamish Classics Car Club Get-Together

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Good looking muscle. Really like the MoPar's a lot.
That Malibu is sweet too!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Mike: Glad you liked the pics. How did the weekend go at the NSRA event?

Tony: Looks like the Dodges are outnumbering the rest of the marques at this get together.

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
It's the real deal. Dave B. has owned it for a number of years. This 383 Super Bee has a long history in the same town where I live. Sure, it gets babied now, but it had a brutal past like most muscle cars did in the 70's up to the 80's.

Nando.
Thats way cool a real super bee is a rarity, I remember those days well, even had a guy that lived down the road from us that had a rambler scrambler.
Seems all manufactures had some cool performance offerings back then .... before the Japanese invasion. Did ya ever see a Levi gremlin ?? LOL

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
Why would you even notice something like that...
Well because my dad went in to the local AMC dealer to take a look at the new AMX and they had one sittin on the
showroom floor .... even had the little red levi tags on the seat covers. I was with him and had to look .... LOL

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
If you have one in mint condition, it is probably worth a ton of bucks today... :)
I would bet so ..... I was ok with the gremlins it was the pacers that I thought were nasty
Always thought they looked like the fly bridge of a tug boat goin backwards down the road ..... UGLY

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I seriously dig that '66 Charger, I had a red one for awhile that was certainly no showpiece and somebody before me swapped a maxwedge motor into it. Would burn the tires off but handled for shit LMAO!

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thats way cool a real super bee is a rarity, I remember those days well, even had a guy that lived down the road from us that had a rambler scrambler.
Seems all manufactures had some cool performance offerings back then .... before the Japanese invasion. Did ya ever see a Levi gremlin ?? LOL
I've seen a few AMC Scramblers at car shows I've attended, but never a Gremlin with the Levis interior. Joe is right - if it's a rare model, it's collectible and worth good coin. My best friend's family owned a new Gremlin in the early 70's. It was bluish-grey, as I recall. I didn't mind the looks of them, at all. According to what I've read about the Gremlin, they had a good mechanical history with some clocking over a million miles without major issues. Makes you wonder why the name Gremlin was chosen.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
I took a few pictures of Lyle's old Dodge. (He's pictured in the rumble seat) Two years ago, at our big car show, downtown, Lyle had the car flat-decked to the show area to be put on display. It didn't have any running gear and was missing a few interior pieces. This was the first time he had it running and brought it out to our get-together. A few bullet holes are evident on the body panels. Even the roll-up back window has a bullet hole through it.

You might like this. Click on the image to play video:

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I've seen a few AMC Scramblers at car shows I've attended, but never a Gremlin with the Levis interior. Joe is right - if it's a rare model, it's collectible and worth good coin. My best friend's family owned a new Gremlin in the early 70's. It was bluish-grey, as I recall. I didn't mind the looks of them, at all. According to what I've read about the Gremlin, they had a good mechanical history with some clocking over a million miles without major issues. Makes you wonder why the name Gremlin was chosen.

Nando.
It's sister was the Hornet, and the little impish Gremlin dude on the badge was endearing.

Those bullet hole decals were popular a few years ago around here...my friend had them on his Cadillac.

Last edited: