Spoke with Orange today.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Spoke with Stephen (Orange) just a bit ago. Hope I did not do the wrong thing but told him about Craig and John. He said he was devastated, very sad and seemed to weep on the phone a bit. He called Craig "his little buddy" He also mentioned Annie, Craig's dog. I told him that I was pretty certain that the dog would being taken care of. I think him to be an animal lover ..I am too. I think even more he is worried about all the guys here on site. Worried about the possibility of us getting sick "with all that's going on" he put it. You guys have a real friend in him I would say..

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Orange and Stuwee both stood out on AK (or was it TH?) and both were banned. Stephen told me today that banning was a rite and led to great friendships.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I don't think Stephen was banned on TH, he just left. Craig was banned. It's good hearing that Stephen is still kicking, with recent events and all.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I did not know Craig. I really don't know Orange either but he makes me laugh. He is a pretty interesting character. As far as banning goes. I have never been banned at any site and I do not intend to ever get so rude or obnoxious as to get banned either. Respect goes a long way. That is the way my Father raised my Brother and I. I do like to have fun kidding around though. I was glad to post kinda for Orange. He told me to post about what he said / happened during our conversation. He thinks the world of you cats.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I don't think Stephen was banned on TH, he just left. Craig was banned. It's good hearing that Stephen is still kicking, with recent events and all.
That is correct.

Sold Steven some tapes back in the TH days, sure hope he is doing well. Thanks for the update.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
He was talking about the finishing touches on a bike project, and I said "great, now it is ready to sell!" Nope, Stephen keeps the bikes for his collection. Now I wonder where he has room to store them? If you are a fan of Antique Archeology on tv, some of these bikes are worth some money.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Friend was telling me the same not so long ago. Said the original Mongoose was selling way on up there. Best I recall they were pretty high new.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
So how is Steven doing now? I used to get calls from him but they ended up being pretty long and I did not have to say much. I get the impression that some people are lonely to talk to someone but don't worry, when you get me on the right subject I can go pretty good as well.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
He called and I was able to talk with him about 30 min. last week day after Thanksgiving. He seems pretty happy. He is worrying about some of the guys here on the site with this fucking COVID bullshit and about Stewie and John but otherwise he seems fine. He misses being here on site I can say that. As far as health wise seems like status quo . Still having kidney trouble and hoping for a transplant.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Thanks for that as news is not always that easy to get from some areas. Hope he can get a trans as this would probably improve his situation and allow him to put many more bikes together. My wife road 10,300 mikes this last year but not on a Schwinn. Could use some bike repair people over here as she has to bring it in now and then. She met a guy on the trails and he gave her a $3000 bike as he had 25 in his shed. He has a car but rarely uses it as he bikes all around with a trailer attached- I guess this is even better than an electric car at this point but no so much when it snows.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Good to hear he's still alive and kicking. Hope he can get the transplant; it would improve his situation immeasurably.