Speaker Set-Up - The Sumiko Method

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Nice write up. I also used to add a laser to the mix. I have one that can throw a vertical and horizontal line. Once I have them in the general area, I place the laser on top of the cabinets. A half an inch movement of the speakers can be 6 inches to a foot at the listening position. The laser really helps get things uniform and equal between the speakers. I said “used to add”. because I now have so many speakers and systems that I can’t optimize all of them in the room. Fortunately my room and types of speakers have allowed me to come up with a decent compromise for placement that sounds pretty good, not as good as it could but good enough for anything except critical listening, which I rarely do anymore. If I really want to get the absolute best out of one of the sets of speakers, I have written instructions on where to place them in the room but is a bit of a PIA. E3F00887-D0E1-4749-B7AE-0057B127CD3A.jpeg As a side note, it is interesting how the cabinets and drivers of the non playing speakers affect the bass of the room, I am either just very lucky or the offline speakers do a good job of deflecting off axis sound.