speaker build

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
IMG_20150809_104515.jpg ]. I'm trying to figure out how to match drivers up with mids and tweeters. I have these boxes I'd like to put speakers in. I'd like to stick to a 15 inch woofer the Xbox s I believe are 5 .33 cubic feet any good advice is appreciated

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
What are those cabinets from? Are there any ports?

What are you putting in and are you using the stock crossovers or what?

And how many watts are you wanting to whip them puppies with?

You have a horn and three cones, are two of those tied together or is it a four-way?

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
What are those cabinets from. Are there any ports?

You have a horn and three cones, are two of those tied together or is it a four-way?
the cabinets have name of hokutone never heard of them before. Nice big heavy cabinets. No original speakers in them. Someone Frankensteined them together with what junk they had. So I need everything. They were a sealed unit but I can port them if need be. The speaker on top is a EV sp15a. Certainly doesn't belong with the other junk in there. I'd pike to be around 300 watts

orange

Tagline
Ohhh my.

That's a bit small looking for trescientos de vatios without ports. What does it look like inside, the wiring? Are those two tweeters (horn and cone) in series, is the horn not even connected?

Seems to me that either the cone or the horn must go to make way for a port and I'm in favor of losing the cone.

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
IMG_20150809_230607.jpg IMG_20150809_230944.jpg IMG_20150809_230607.jpg
the cabinets have name of hokutone never heard of them before. Nice big heavy cabinets. No original speakers in them. Someone Frankensteined them together with what junk they had. So I need everything. They were a sealed unit but I can port them if need be. The speaker on top is a EV sp15a. Certainly doesn't belong with the other junk in there. I'd pike to be around 300 watts
What are those cabinets from? Are there any ports?

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
Ohhh my.

That's a bit small looking for trescientos de vatios without ports. What does it look like inside, the wiring? Are those two tweeters (horn and cone) in series, is the horn not even connected?

Seems to me that either the cone or the horn must go to make way for a port and I'm in favor of losing the cone.
: IMG_20150809_230502.jpg

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
IMG_20150809_230521.jpg
Ohhh my.

lyle

Journeyman
Tagline
---old and tired
size

Ohhh my.That's a bit small looking for trescientos de vatios without ports. What does it look like inside, the wiring? Are those two tweeters (horn and cone) in series, is the horn not even connected?Seems to me that either the cone or the horn ge

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I'd save the horns. If you aren't saving them, sell them, they are always handy to someone.

If you aren't saving the horns then you have a vent. Vents are good too *think Pioneer CS-77 or BIC Venturi Formula Two.