SpaceX

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I watched the Iridium 8 mission this morning from launch to 1st stage recovery to 2nd stage firing and shit off and firing and shutoff to the successful deployment of 10 SATELLITES!!!
People!! That was some amazing shit!! The Iridium series was 8 launches , 75 satellite deployments AND NO PROBLEMS!!
From my childhood I have many memories of rockets blowing up, hell even two space shuttles being destroyed.
Kudos to Elon and his whole crew...I mean f$%^, we got to see the deployment of the seats IN REAL TIME, THE LANDING OF THE BOOSTER IN REAL TIME! IN HD!!
GUYS this is some cool shit!

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Yep, coolness. I was always amazed how well we could see the shuttle launches from the S.W, coast of Florida.
I look forward to trials of Musk's 'Heavy Lift' rocket. No Saturn 5, but impressive no less.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Lee, what channel did you see that or was it on line? I killed my Direct TV and went Sling a few months back so I don't get many GOOD channels but it did save me $100 a month. Plus, I'm out in the shop so much.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It was live streamed on Spacex's youtube channel. Search for Iridium8launch, watch the replay, too cool man.

Amen Brad , the Falcon Heavy ain't no Saturn 5 , but the BFR will be.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
How cool was that Tony!! Took some balls...
Course doing what he does takes a set..

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Spacex and it’s partners are layering up to 10,000 low orbit satellites to create a short lag time internet system. This may revolutionize cell and internet provides and move it all to satellites. We use sat internet from traditional high orbit satellites there is about .75 second lag when talking on VoIP

The new system will greatly reduce this lag and become almost seamless.

Watch as they take over.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Been live streaming all the SpaceX launches from the beginning. Just amazing!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The Crew Dragon splashdown was successful. Landed 1/2 mile from the recovery ship. Small boats were there in less than a minute!

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Elon Musk has some of the sharpest minds there in America. He is our newest Werner Von Braun. He has some concepts that would bring us into the next century rather than back with horse and buggy that the Military Industrial Complex would have us minons. I am for all his concepts as they are well thought out but he is not the only one in this- there are thousands of people helping him develop all this stuff. Despite problems they might have had my next car will be a Tesla if I am still driving by then. Not much need to anymore- I work at home.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I just heard an item on the radio driving home. He is predicting rocket travel Earth point to Earth point by the 2030's. Not sure where launch is from but Australia in 90 minutes if I caught it right.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Many place can be accessed in ridiculous time if one is on the Astra or TR3B but you need to be involve in government black programs to do it.
New York to LA was about 45 minutes. They have things they are not telling you and it is not the SST.