Sound room

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Think I'm going to change my sound room. Get rid of carpet. Go with Hardwood flooring. Since I almost have an empty rack. I have 2 very good tuners. Will have to figure which one will go in the living room. You do know which CDP will be there. Which amps. I will probably go shopping for another TT. It will be another Micro. Think I will upgrade the Berilli phono amp. Lee I need a pic of the 12s. I can't afford to go higher.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Carly is gonna love the foam sound panels all over her walls :lol: :lol:

Hardwoods why? If you go hardwood floors you'll still need some throw rugs to dampen the bass reflections. You'll have to experiment a bit, you are going from a 'dead' room with the carpet to a much brighter room with hardwoods, can you show us pics of the room now? All of it, and where the main sitting area is in respect to where the speakers will probably be?

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Yes I know that it will be more reflective. I'm tired of this carpet. Just want it gone. Won't know until I set the systems back up what I will do. Don't know. Was thinking of some real wood paneling also. I will know when I do it.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
:lol: :lol: Forget the real wood paneling, Carly told me she has a nice padded walled room for you, it should sound really nice if you can drown out the voices in your head with the monster PL amp :toothy10: :toothy10: :compress: :geek: :compress:

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
When I was in HS, I tried to build a recording studio in an unused small bedroom. I don't know where I got the idea from but the school cafeteria had mountains of cardboard egg carton flats that would hold 48 eggs in a 18"x18" square. I used thumbtacks to mount them on the walls. There was acoustical ceiling, carpet, and drapes over the small window. That room was completely dead. You could scream and no one outside the door (also covered) could hear you. It was amazing.

Mark