Sony TC-WR645s

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

On the way out of work today a Sony TC-WR645s cassette deck was just sitting there on a table with a 'Free' post-it note attached. Needless to say it followed me right out the door. :) Now why in the world there was a cassette deck where I work I haven't a clue as the clowns there are stuck in the 1800's.

Not a big fan of dubbing decks but hey, the price was right and it will supply parts if nothing else. It doesn't look as if it has scene much use so will fire it up later this evening. I know pictures to follow...

Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Here's the photo..... Yep, it needs belts but looks to be in pretty good condition. Think this will go on the shelf for now.

[attachment=0:61cas5k9]Img_0508_rs.jpg[/attachment:61cas5k9]

Attachments

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
rtp_burnsville said:
Here's the photo..... Yep, it needs belts but looks to be in pretty good condition. Think this will go on the shelf for now.
Robert that's one of the better dubber's Sony made, worth some belts and your time. I personally don't use Dolby, but 'S is the one to have, and it works on decks that just have 'B too.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Agree, this dubbing deck looks much better than one I actually bought with real money and then gave it away as I hated it. Will likely order some belts whenever I order some other things in a few weeks. I have a buddy that is looking for a cassette deck and this would be perfect for him so will get it going in time and then just give it to him. He is always picking up aluminum for my machining hobby so it would be cool to give him something of use.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
The new belts arrived for this deck last night so now have them installed and all appears to be working. I needed to make an axle shaft for one of the capstan rollers as it was missing. Ended up using the armture shaft from my bad Tascam motor slightly modified using the metal lathe downstairs. ( I also found a small nylon cam in the bottom of the case when taking things apart, but no clue where it goes. Spent a couple hours total under the magnifier comparing the dual decks trying to see where it could possible have come from but no luck.) The deck sounds pretty good but can't say I am impressed with the feel of the buttons and controls, to much like all the BPC of later years for my liking. It has an auto music seach and also a random search feature which is an attempt to make cassette behave more like CD's (at least that is my take on it). There is also the normal and high speed dubbing features and the continuious playback of all tapes and sides.

I am giving this deck to my buddy Lyn as he really wants a dual deck. He is into fixing antique radios and is wanting to setup a small AM transmitter and use the deck to play his colllection of old time radio programs with. His idea is to have the transmitter going so then he can tune in any of the AM radios he has around his property and out buildings.

I am quickly running out of decks to mess with, just the Tascam 112 motor swap remains now that its belts have arrived. Craigslist lookout!!!

Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Larry,

Glad to hear it arrived........ Thanks again!

No, I don't have a complete schematic for the 112. Sam sent me a page with the motor so that was helpful.

Robert

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
He's been busy in Chaska at last report :cyclops:[/quote]

That explains why he has been rather quiet this week..... From what I heard I would have thought you were the one keeping him busy. :)