Sick Clair 700 Series II

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Info error.
Crawling in 1970 but only 13 in 1986 the release date for Steve Winwood. I'm sticking with my first estimate, the big one coming up instead of the big one last year or two. But we have it narrowed down.

1970 I bought my first rig, preamp/power amp/tuner/phono/nail/base/dust cover to go with my AR5 speakers. Early high end, 815 incl tax with some change back. Dixie Hi-Fi in Rockville, MD. Wasn't legally driving on the streets of the US, yet.

jimcomly

New Around These Parts
Info error.
Crawling in 1970 but only 13 in 1986 the release date for Steve Winwood. I'm sticking with my first estimate, the big one coming up instead of the big one last year or two. But we have it narrowed down.
OK, you got me :) After reminiscing, I remembered "Back in the High Life" was my first CD. I can't remember what Tom played on his rig for me, but it was sweet.

The big one was two years ago. I'm 52 tomorrow.

Wow, $815 in 1970! That was probably a pretty nice used car in those days!

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
My reason to be in stereo. Living at home, dad said you can not buy a car.

He did provide use of the family vehicles his commuter and mom's wagon when we needed them and on weekends. Gave us gas money and we would fill up from the 5 bucks he gave us return the change the next day, Sat, and come Monday evening getting home from work he would wonder where the gas was. Well we filled up on the way out Friday night and used the car that night and Sat night. Of course, this was a few months after buying the stereo in a different state. We moved from the DC area to Cincinnati that summer.

Happy Birthday, Jim. We can go with any memories you want and if you go with that High Life on the 10s I'm good with that. When is the gig at your place to hear the 700?

jimcomly

New Around These Parts
We can go with any memories you want and if you go with that High Life on the 10s I'm good with that. When is the gig at your place to hear the 700?
I'm glad to hear it. The older I get the more I tend to make things up

LOL, folks are welcome any time, but I'm sure you've heard better than my rig. Right now, I want to fix the sick 400 and compare the two. I've heard some say they like the sound from stock 400's better.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!