Satellite Photos

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Guys, how far back do commercial satellite photos go?
We have an injection well that was converted from a producer and I would like to see it when it was a producer to see where some old flowline might be instead of digging up the entire location...

stetter

Journeyman
We have an injection well that was converted from a producer and I would like to see it when it was a producer to see where some old flowline might be instead of digging up the entire location...
Lee, metal detector maybe work for that?

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Google earth has a history setting allowing one to go back at least a couple decades, maybe further. The older it is the less resolution available

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Lee, do you have the latitude and longitude of the location?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, followed Navo's link and got all the historical photos. 1985, 1994, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014.....

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Yeah, somewhat..resolution was dogshit in the years I was interested in.
we learned a lot about improving the resolution, upping the pixel count and such. Keeps climbing. 20 years from now folks will look at the current pictures and complain about resolution. Computers just keep getting more capable.