Sansui monster

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I can't see the picture. When I was a teen, most of my buddies were running Sansui gear that their older brothers serving in Nam sent home.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Too bad so many of these great old companies we remember so fondly headed for the hills...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
No problem in reliving those memories with enough cash-in-hand. All of the big vintage home audio gear from the 60's to 70's can't be reproduced, nowadays. It's truly amazing to see all of this gear still cranking after all those years. And back in the time, any of the truly good house parties were none too nice for pushing the limits of a stereo system.

I've had the pleasure of demoing the big Sansui G-33000 through Klipsch Cornwall CWR 15 speakers 18 months ago. This was the second G-33000 that had come into Innovative Audio for restoration, then to be sold.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
This is the G-33000 that came into Innovative Audio back in May of 2013. It was about to be restored and I had just picked up my Pioneer SX-1980 receiver.

My SX-1980 is the one on the rolling cart:

Nando.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
The hack job I was referring to was covering up the Marantz name and model number with a piece of sheet metal. Cheap? Not these days, especially with the cabinet.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The hack job I was referring to was covering up the Marantz name and model number with a piece of sheet metal. Cheap? Not these days, especially with the cabinet.

Looks to be a cheap marantz 105 tuner...... $100 on the bay......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-10...893452?hash=item4d892cc14c:g:ljAAAOSw3T5cO9hn

The wood case another $175
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-M...0499944?hash=item2ac5ffc468:g:KW8AAOSwqaNcecc

Some marantz was ok, this one was a cheap tuner

Tagline
Retired
I did this G-9000DB while back.... The old Sansui monster amps are cool...... AND EXPENSIVE!!!

View attachment 34011
I almost bought one of these a few years ago but it needed serviced and I didn't know anyone who had the know-how to take one of these giants on. I always wondered what one of these big monsters could do hooked up to a set of Infinity Reference series speakers. Of course since they were a four piece speaker system, you might need a music hall to test them in.