SAE info needed

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
400.00 new. Came in Champagne and Black. The black face is the rarest. The Mark series is suppose to be their best series.. I think it was made from 72 to 77.

Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Paul, I just got rid of a Mark XXX in really sad shape two-three months ago, couldn't help it any.

Google Jim's SAE site I believe it was and you'll get his unofficial SAE site...he's got most of their stuff collected and that should be able to help.

If you aren't keeping it, get back to me. If I can afford it, if the stupid Congress leaves me with money and a house and I don't have to join a militia or something stupid....might be able to help towards the end of summer.

Steven (in the future nation of Cascadia?)

Rex Everything said:
Anybody here know anything about SAE pre amp/EQ's?

I picked up an SAE MARK IXB yesterday but can't find any info on it. I'd like to know where it falls in the pecking order, how the phono section sounds, if folks liked these and hel them in high regard........

I'm gonna try it out later but will most likely be moving it on.

Thanks for any input you may have

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Anything SAE is worth having :mrgreen: . The Mark Series is generaly very good, but not that preamp, pedestrian at best :rabbit: Play around with it and see what you think thou. The parametrics are the ones to look for, very pricey! I grabbed a Model 180 awhile back, I don't use it anymore since the ML's are perfect :roll:

Attachments

stuwee

Rex Everything said:
So, you saying this pre is nothing good? Not up to taking on the mighty Accuphase C200?
I haven't heard a Mark in years, so I'm not sure, It's certainly not gonna win a beauty contest :lol: ! That Accuphase is tits dude :thumbup: :thumbup:

Give the SAE's phono section a good shake down, I'd like to know what you think on that. I never cared for sliders on equipment. They tend to get noisey after a short time in the dusty desert. JVC's were the worse. SAE's tend to have a plastic sheath behind the faceplate that helps. I really like the big Mark amps with the gort blue lamps and glod faces!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I have a couple of SAE components I bought here locally in Squamish. This SAE 2100L was $20. A T-101 tuner was free since the cover was off it, but within the carton. Someone had a hand drawn schematic in the box. I tried to follow the wiring diagram, but I wasn't successful in getting the tuner to work properly. I don't know if it would be worth it to have Innovative Audio get it working. I, also, used the SAE 5000 Noise Impulse Noise Reduction System to remove the clicks and pops from vinyl in my previous system.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
HMMMMMMMMMMM............Sure you aren't the big warehouse somewhere in canada. Every time some one brings up a new piece of gear , Nando trundles out to the "vintage warehouse" to retrieve said BETTER example of the aforementioned gear. methinks you have not told all Father.

Elite-ist

Staff member
The cloth does fit a little snug in some places, but it's intact, just like my integrity. I offloaded my week's sins yesterday, so I'm good for another week. The truth is, a whole shwack/shpongle of stuff arrived at the mini flea market about 4 years ago. There are things I haven't shown in public, yet. I must remain partially meek.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Rex Everything said:
[quote="Elite-ist":bgta1x2e]The cloth does fit a little snug in some places, but it's intact, just like my integrity. I offloaded my week's sins yesterday, so I'm good for another week. The truth is, a whole shwack/shpongle of stuff arrived at the mini flea market about 4 years ago. There are things I haven't shown in public, yet. I must remain partially meek.

Nando.

Meekness aside, Father, isn't glutony a sin. SHould not not be redistibuting your wealth to the member of the congregation?[/quote:bgta1x2e]
Yes, gluttony is a sin. That's why some time ago when the good Lord bequeathed me with the ownership of such fine componentry I helped two members, brothers CanJet, and maybe, Fast Forward with a unique item each for their Nakamichi 600 cassette decks.

Nando.

stuwee

How are the sliders? I take it they're in good shape then. That phono section might surprise you, SAE is well known for theirs. I can hear the diff in the tapes I made with mine in the chain. Of course it doesn't matter now, since I'm converted to digital :twisted: :twisted: J/K :lol: :lol:

How's the headphone output? My P102's sucks, the Yammie is better, hell, the Sanyo slays it :whdat: :eek:

Don't get me wrong, it sounds wonderful, just no Oomph! I have to crank it to 64dB's on the readout, it only goes to 68, distortion sets in bad at 66dB's, I gotta get a SM on it!