SAE A1001 amp questions help!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
stu needs some help, anyone close to Wardsweb...aka luther on other forums?

I've loved this amp beyond anything I've had...but,my recent speaker purchace made my S/O ask for more power~! The SAE shuts down for a few milliseconds on power over 200wpc.

The Martin Logan Summit's have a 400 watt woofer amplification, the panels can take 100 to 300watts, they are a wicked load! My SAE shuts down at 200wpc quick then comes right back! I'm at wits end fellers!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I called Lee tonight and we will be calling Steven Evans on the issue, I'd still like to speak with Luther the SAE guru who runs ML's...anyone friends with him?

Weird that the little A202 amp ran the ML's and the new Marantz speaks without a hiccup or a fart...then the badass A1001 crys uncle at 200w!!?!! Apparently the Summit's panels are a wicked load on an amp...

Her name is Lola, and she might be for sale for a bit more than Coca-cola...

Last edited:

Bob-05

New Around These Parts
Did you ever get this figured out? I have heard of this before. I have been studying the A1001 schematics in anticipation of eventually rebuilding one. One post that I saw mentioned a shut down on the A1001 but not on the A201. I suspect that this behavior may be caused by the use of the TA7317p protection chip in the A1001/P500. The other models in the 01 series do not use this chip.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Craig is no longer of this world. The last time I was at his place the 1001 had the Summits broke to lead. Fantastic combination. IIRC, it turned out to be a wiring problem.