Russian Vacuum Tubes

stetter

Journeyman
I have used the JJ tubes in the guitar amps I have built. They sound great for that application and built sturdy for moving around. Don't have any tube stereo amps so don't know how they sound in that application.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Years ago the JJ tubes, not sure which, power or small signal were not high quality products. I'll just leave it at that. I have a set of 12A*7 JJs. having gear that uses the X and U versions. They work fine.

If Jim McShane says their tubes are fine, I'd use em. But I haven't needed to get in touch with him about tubes, just using the stock I have.

stetter

Journeyman
I agree that years ago there was issues, but they have worked hard and make great tubes for what I use them for. They also get good reviews from user with way more years at this then I have.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I finally got to where I would not use JJ tubes I had so many failures with the EL34's and the fat tubes 6C87's but since then I had a friend using Tung Sol's and he has lost two out of eight of those in about a year or so in a ST-70 so I do not know if they are any more reliable. I can say this, the SED Winged =C= EL34's I have in my amp have been running a very long time without any trouble at all and they sound really nice I mean.

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I think Winged C has been gone for a while, which is too bad, they made great tubes, I have some 6550s of theirs around here somewhere. The only choices now are Slovakian, Chinese, and some small boutique tube makers in Europe and Japan ($$$$)

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
It looks like they do what some of the now gone tube sellers did in the past, that is they rebrand other manufacturers tubes as their own. In this case Chinese manufactures.
The Dynaco Branded tubes sure seem to bring a premium price on the Bay.
I have a couple Dynaco Mk3's or 4's & I think the Dynaco tubes are worth more than the amps.
I should start selling some crap, but selling on Ebay just does not look like much fun anymore. I've never had a negative feedback since 1995 & I think that would end in the first week or two of sales.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Same here but still very weary of listing anything on eSlay. Usually listing on CL or FB. Marketplace (with a fake account) works for me in my local anyhow.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
The Dynaco Branded tubes sure seem to bring a premium price on the Bay.
I have a couple Dynaco Mk3's or 4's & I think the Dynaco tubes are worth more than the amps.
I should start selling some crap, but selling on Ebay just does not look like much fun anymore. I've never had a negative feedback since 1995 & I think that would end in the first week or two of sales.
I think the little Yaqin that I have has more worth selling wise anyhow in tubes than the amp itself. I dont give a shit though I paid like 450.00 for the amp with the tubes and it already had the coupling caps swaped out for some fancy ones also with a pot on the side to adjust feedback and the amp looks cool. A few folks that have come over and seen it say "what the hell is that !" Those Dynaco/Millard EL34 prices are ridiculous and 7199's are too.
Yaqin 20.JPG

Last edited: