RT-707

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Gotta do some maint. Clean some pots and lube the rollers and such. Haven't recorded on her yet. Have to figure out all the buttons. Have to go steal some reverse tape from Phoenix. LOL

Open a brand new Maxell to record. It isn't ready for that yet.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Hi Larry,

You are as bad as Socal Sam in that respect: he has a mint, low hour RT-909, he hasn't bothered to thread a leader through. The RT-707 is a great performer, probably, the best vintgage 7" deck out there. Of course, I'm jaded (as most can tell) having been a Pioneer fan since 1977.

I hope the deck meets your satisfaction once you are ready to play it.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Fast Forward said:
Always wished for a 707 or a 909 just because of the cool look factor,,altho I,m not ashamed of the one in my Avatar
Hi FF,

Is that the Pioneer RT-1020L? I manged to find a mint one last year. It has the traditonal look of the big boys.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Oh I have ran a tape thru. It sounded good. So since the PL is back I want to make a tape; but I have to do some Maint. It is in the PL rack so there was no use moving it to the tubes which doesn't have a tape loop.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
To extend ins on my Spec 1's i have them tied to each other through a tape loop so i have double the inputs, don't even have to have the second one on as the tape loops are direct thru the selector switch and no power needed to route the signal from 2nd Spec 1 input selector switch to tape loop and out. Pretty handy.

Ok, was wondering what to do with this, whaddya think?? That enough ins for ya??
It has a main out with aux,phono, tuner tape AND you can also route 3 tape machines, 3 sound processors and 2 noise reduction units. By utilizing 1- aux in on the 3300 you can route everything else through this you don't have room for in the 3300 in's.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Staff member
Lee: A dbx router is a versatile component. I use my dbx 400X in my main system. Not only will it increase the number of inputs avalable to you, but by correctly patching in the recording tape decks, you can have the flexibility of dubbing from deck to deck, or any other of the sources you wish to record.

Another simple solution to increasing the number of recording inputs if your preamp or receiver is full, is to daisy-chain recording decks.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yeah Nando if i didn't have 3 Spec 1's I would probably not part with this, BUT, ITS EXACTLY WHAT HERR LARR needs( no yelling, emphasis)

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hey Larry,

I got a dbx 224x-DS sitting here. You don't have to punch in the dbx circuit, but you can still get two tape loops outta one with it. I replaced all of the switches about a year ago, so it should still work for ya... and it's free to ya too.. :cheers:

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
To extend ins on my Spec 1's i have them tied to each other through a tape loop so i have double the inputs, don't even have to have the second one on as the tape loops are direct thru the selector switch and no power needed to route the signal from 2nd Spec 1 input selector switch to tape loop and out. Pretty handy.

Ok, was wondering what to do with this, whaddya think?? That enough ins for ya??
It has a main out with aux,phono, tuner tape AND you can also route 3 tape machines, 3 sound processors and 2 noise reduction units. By utilizing 1- aux in on the 3300 you can route everything else through this you don't have room for in the 3300 in's.
I have one in my Creek rack. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I have no outputs on the tube amp at all. The only thing I can think of to record on the tube rack is run a CDP with a digital out into the tubes and the analog into the tape deck. I don't even have a headphone hook up.

Larry