ROTEL

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I just dead-ended like you but what about the 1056/1057? eBay has one of each in the US and I can't read German or Polish to tell you if 970 euros is even a deal on another site's links.

orange

Tagline
Are you having a problem inserting pictures with the button above the composing window?

I was having trouble getting the button to insert the files to work until I X'ed out but it probably had to do with overly large files as my camera was set at 2560x ? until I learned how to get that to 640x480 in settings (like I should read the manual Tony sent??? the tiny screen and controls don't make a lot of sense at first)...

A friend emailed me that they did not get my pictures, and since they are a HOST it was their server...that's how I found out.

I hadn't though of that, having used Sony Mavica FLOPPY DISK cameras for so long and junk before that.

If you do X out, don't close the post, wait and see if it will fidget it out and insert it eventually (because it will if it can), or it will tell you if the image is too large.

johan1212

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I just dead-ended like you but what about the 1056/1057? eBay has one of each in the US and I can't read German or Polish to tell you if 970 euros is even a deal on another site's links.

as long as they are rx(receiver)its fine....and 970 euros is like 1000$....mad crazy...a mint one rx1050 goes for 200 on ebay...i ll wait....no rush at all.....found one mint like new on audiogon....but he wants 425 shipped...not worth so much...they are not as smooth as the marantz setup I have now.....but rotels bass is fantastic...a bit harsh in the uppers...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
as long as they are rx(receiver)its fine....and 970 euros is like 1000$....mad crazy...a mint one rx1050 goes for 200 on ebay...i ll wait....no rush at all.....found one mint like new on audiogon....but he wants 425 shipped...not worth so much...they are not as smooth as the marantz setup I have now.....but rotels bass is fantastic...a bit harsh in the uppers...
​That could give you bi-amping ideas...

orange

Tagline
Distorted or what?

Are you sure it's not a crossover problem that is hidden by your Marantzes tone controls or lower power?

Or is it a failing tweeter/too bright?

What are you using for speakers? Have you checked your speakers out? Are they correctly rated for the output, ohms, power and all?

If your woofers are going to have problems with an amp, the tweeters will suffer first I'd bet and tweeters in bookshelf speakers are rarely rated above 40W because they need very little power to reproduce efficiently compared to woofers and midranges.

And do you really want an audio-video integrated/receiver or dedicated stereo setup with a decoder for another amp and a center/sub?

The problem may be that some people don't dig AV stuff for 'musicality', whatever that is...

My old Onkyo DR-90 had a built in CD/DVD player and Dolby 5.1/DTS and was really nice in stereo mode for CDs, records and tapes but it's biggest weakness in the end was the chip amps, and the same side blew twice.

The NIN CD I had (The Downward Spiral) was some really fun s--- on it though :)

Last edited:

johan1212

Journeyman
Tagline
---

Distorted or what?

Are you sure it's not a crossover problem that is hidden by your Marantzes tone controls or lower power?

Or is it a failing tweeter/too bright?

What are you using for speakers? Have you checked your speakers out? Are they correctly rated for the output, ohms, power and all?

If your woofers are going to have problems with an amp, the tweeters will suffer first I'd bet and tweeters in bookshelf speakers are rarely rated above 40W because they need very little power to reproduce efficiently compared to woofers and midranges.

And do you really want an audio-video integrated/receiver or dedicated stereo setup with a decoder for another amp and a center/sub?

The problem may be that some people don't dig AV stuff for 'musicality', whatever that is...

My old Onkyo DR-90 had a built in CD/DVD player and Dolby 5.1/DTS and was really nice in stereo mode for CDs, records and tapes but it's biggest weakness in the end was the chip amps, and the same side blew twice.

The NIN CD I had (The Downward Spiral) was some really fun s--- on it though :)
speakers are fine....jbl L20TI...with 044 tweeters....they are a bit bright to start....but checked boards etc...I always loved marantz...smooyth sound...great units...but not for my kind of listening....the damping was always to low for my taste...low volume is perfect....but push it a little bit and peaks quickly...no headroom at all....had 2 510M before switching to 2 pl700B...day and night...my front speakers are jbl l250TI...power hungry ones...

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
A guy has a clean RA 985BX on AK w/ manual for $200. 100wpc at 8 ohms, double that at 4 ohms. Just mentioning it, I am sure it's not what your looking for

Last edited:

johan1212

Journeyman
Tagline
---
A guy has a clean RA 985BX on AK w/ manual for $200. 100wpc at 8 ohms, double that at 4 ohms. Just mentioning it, I am sure it's not what your looking for

thanks....seen it....there is a nice RX also...but seller is a bit crazy in price...no rush...one will pop up on ebay soon..they go cheap usualy.....thx...happy thanksgiving.....