Roberts reel to reel decks?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Not too out of control, Tony. I have probably sold more than $10K of vintage audio gear on consignment sale in the past four years. And I'm looking to upgrade with a few more nice purchases. One of them might be an original-owner Marantz Model 500 amplifier. Not many were produced.

Nando.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Not too out of control, Tony. I have probably sold more than $10K of vintage audio gear on consignment sale in the past four years. And I'm looking to upgrade with a few more nice purchases. One of them might be an original-owner Marantz Model 500 amplifier. Not many were produced.

Nando.
For sale Locally

I just can justify the 2 GRAND Nando

Pioneer RTR.jpg

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It's swell but I already have two Teac A-2340s and a Sansui SD 5050

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
The Pioneer RT-2044 is quite a flexible deck. It operates in 7.5 and 15 i.p.s speed. It can be configured to 2-track, 2-channel configuration with a head-block swap. It also can be calibrated for different tape types - a feature you can't always get without going to a professional open-reel deck.

Lots of info on it on the net, if you are interested.

Nando.

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
The Pioneer RT-2044 is quite a flexible deck. It operates in 7.5 and 15 i.p.s speed. It can be configured to 2-track, 2-channel configuration with a head-block swap. It also can be calibrated for different tape types - a feature you can't always get without going to a professional open-reel deck.

Lots of info on it on the net, if you are interested.

Nando.
I would use it as a multitrack deck and pair it up with my TEAC A3340S to overdub on them.
Thanks,
Ryan

orange

Tagline
SOMEDAY I'll get the replacement reel table installed on my second A-2340 but I have no clue as to how to get in there without taking it apart beyond knowing where I started in the end. Spindle came busted in shipping years ago but although the seller was super nice about that and I got the the part I have no idea. Things sit when I can't figure them out, in case you've never guessed it I have Asperger's/high functional autism and I don't relish getting lost in something.

orange

Tagline
By the way, a Sansui SD 5050 is 4 channel PLAYBACK ONLY, 2 channel recording.

TigerTEAC

New Around These Parts
SOMEDAY I'll get the replacement reel table installed on my second A-2340 but I have no clue as to how to get in there without taking it apart beyond knowing where I started in the end. Spindle came busted in shipping years ago but although the seller was super nice about that and I got the the part I have no idea. Things sit when I can't figure them out, in case you've never guessed it I have Asperger's/high functional autism and I don't relish getting lost in something.
I have that same Asperger autism thing... but mine is more severe. I have awful OCD, phobias of irrational things, tics, etc.
Thanks,
Ryan