RIP Robbie Robertson

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
We lost another incredible musician today.
Robbie Robertson has passed. he was 80.
Many, many contributions, a big part of the past 60 years!!!
Damn, another legend lost. Is Garth the only living member of The Band at this point? Robbie gone. Levon gone, Richard, gone. Rick, gone.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
So sad. I had Music from Big Pink on 8-track in my hippie van. Auto repeat. It was just outside where I was weighing empty beer cans for Bud at the time in New Orleans. Did you know roaches can fly and chase you???

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I enjoyed his solo work as much as with the Band.
During the filming of THE LAST WALTZ, after Muddy Waters leaves the stage and THE BAND starts to play "Further On Up The Road", Eric Clapton's guitar slips out of the top strap and Robbie jumps in to play Eric's solo introduction. Not many guitar players have the ability or moxie to pull that off. It is worth watching the whole movie for that 1:25 drama!

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
During the filming of THE LAST WALTZ, after Muddy Waters leaves the stage and THE BAND starts to play "Further On Up The Road", Eric Clapton's guitar slips out of the top strap and Robbie jumps in to play Eric's solo introduction. Not many guitar players have the ability or moxie to pull that off. It is worth watching the whole movie for that 1:25 drama!
That is a really neat post Mark.....looks almost like they planned it, and it was milliseconds for Robbie to take over.
Thanks for posting that, really enjoyed it !