rev E board B+B- question

Michael F

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I have conflicting information regarding the power supply routing to the two channels: Is B+ and B- only applied to the left side board 11L and 12Lor must B+ and B- be supplied to terminals 11r and 12r too?
I ran the left side power with the 2 black and red wires previously on the PL36 board to terminals 11L and 12L and added two wires from the filter caps to 11r and 12r, is that ok?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If you are running backplanes , no need. Standard output backwall , yes.,.
G board or E board?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Stock, full comp backwall and E board.
Thanks Lee.
Hi Mike
The board assembly that I shipped to you had the 5, 11 and 12 jumpers installed so you only have to apply power to the left channel. The jumpers transport the power and ground to the other channel.

Please advise where the conflicting info exists so I can further improve on instruction content.

Thx
Joe

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
To clarify, if you are running with the White Oak backplanes, the JUMPERS on the backside of the board are not necessary because the BACKPLANES do this job for you.

Installations with White Oak backplanes WILL have connections to both 12L/R and 11L/R by design of the backplanes.

Stock amplifiers generally speaking only had connections to 12L and 11L by design. The backside jumper feature was provided for compatibility with stock configurations.

Michael F

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hi Mike
The board assembly that I shipped to you had the 5, 11 and 12 jumpers installed so you only have to apply power to the left channel. The jumpers transport the power and ground to the other channel.

Please advise where the conflicting info exists so I can further improve on instruction content.

Thx
Joe
I had already successfully populated the backplane by the time I read your reply, I`ve since removed the B+ and B- wires that I ran to the right channel board.
Please see the two attachments that were the source of my initial confusion. It is very likely an oversight on my end.
Thanks for clearing it up.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Revised that application note to read as follows. Always working on making it better.

11R* B+ Unfused, directly from the B+ bulk cap Red

12R* B- Unfused, directly from the B- bulk cap Black

*Not required when the 5L-5R, 11L-11R and 12L-12R bus wire jumpers are installed on the backside of the control board.