Remote Control for Onix CDP WANTED

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Could be the DACs the transport who knows. I didn't look at the 15. I looked at the 10. That is about it. I didn't research the transport or the DACs. If I was buying it I would have. That is just me though.

Larry

Hugh

Journeyman
Cut & Paste.

CD-10:
Mechanical section: Transport SANYO HD850 super-linear mechanics, controlled by an MTK servo, laser SANYO DV 34
D/A converter: DAC PCM 1796 24Bit/192 KHz Burr Brown, 4 x NE5534 and 1 x NE5532, Op Amps used for I/V conversion.
Power supply: R-CORE “high grade silicon steel core†transformer made to specifications Onix.
Output level: 2.0V RMS, Frequency response: 10Hz~20KHz (±0,5 dB), Signal/noise Ratio: >108dB (A weighted), THD: <0,004% (1KHz), Dynamic range: >102dB, Channel separation: >96dB (1KHz), Dimensions (W × D × H): 430 × 355 × 80 mm, Weight: 5,7 Kg, Power supply: 220V-240V AC.

CD-15:
Mechanical section: Transport SANYO HD850 super-linear mechanics, controlled by an CD-12 servo, laser SANYO DV34.
D/A converter: DAC PCM 1796 24Bit/192 KHz Burr Brown, AD847 and OPA2604, Op Amps used for I/V conversion.
Power supply: R-CORE “high grade silicon steel core†transformer made to specifications Onix.
Output level: 2.0V RMS, Frequency response: 10Hz~20KHz (±0,5 dB), Signal/noise Ratio: >108dB (A weighted), THD: <0,002% (1KHz), Dynamic range: >102dB, Channel separation: >90dB (1KHz), Dimensions (W × D × H): 430 × 376 × 96 mm, Weight: 7,8 Kg, Power supply: 220V-240V AC.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Hugh...do you have the technical information for the CD-1 and CD-3? I'd love to see the differences in those units compared to the CD-10 and CD-15. I think it was you who told me that the CD-10 and 15 represent the third generation of this CDP. I am just curious to see what the generational differences are, and why whey were used. I am guessing better op amps, and just plain better component parts available from Texas Instruments and other companies. What is your take on the gnerational changes...and most important, since you have lived with these units and they are your babies....does the sound from these units improve with the changes, and is it slight, and only discernable with the best innerconnects, power conditioniong, etc... What is your take on the whole maturation of the series of players?

What is your favorite Onix player in the sub $1,000.00 price range?

Hugh

Journeyman
I am not truly versed about CD-1 & CD-3 since they were carried by av123.

I found these reviews though.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue18/onixcd1.htm
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_1 ... art-1.html

Onix also came out with CD-5 later on but I'm not familiar with that model.

From what I understand, Onix cdp mirrorred MBLs' so my statement of CD-10 & CD-15 being 3rd generation is solely based on the release of CD-1 & CD-3 and then CD-5 and then again CD-10 & CD-15.

I also understand now CD-10 is in the same piano black finish as the rest of the lines.

I did have a CD-1 when it first came out but I gave it to one of our sons. I liked CD-15 the most in the sub $2K category.

The one we've been using at various shows is the top of the line XCD-50 which I prefer over the comparable MBL one.

OTOH, in my reference setup at home, I use Lector CDP-7TL MKIII and I love it.

Hugh

Journeyman
Keep in mind Synergy is the key.

It may or may not matter how much money one spends for his/her setup, everything got to work together to give the best SQ.

I stay away from giving my opinion since one man's trash is another man's treasure or vice versa. :)

Even when we developed our own Trinity speakers, our dealers asked 'How do they sound' and my answer to them is you'd be the judge.