Remastered Van Halen Box Set

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
'Studio Albums 1978-1984' (the Roth years), remastered and presented in mini-LP-jackets.

Pretty low priced for remasters..

Inbound and I can't wait!

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
'Studio Albums 1978-1984' (the Roth years), remastered and presented in mini-LP-jackets.

Pretty low priced for remasters..

Inbound and I can't wait!
Man I saw that on HD Tracks too - 96/24 quality. Tempting, definitely... Let us know when you get 'em in and have a chance to listen!

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Man I saw that on HD Tracks too - 96/24 quality. Tempting, definitely... Let us know when you get 'em in and have a chance to listen!
Sure thing Jer! I've wanted to do a master "Roth mix" tape set for ages so this will finally be that long awaited opportunity.
I'm figuring I can boil it all down to two solid C-90's of all my favorite tracks out of the 6 albums.

I read about those HD tracks myself; just today. Seems the fan base is all over the map on how those sound.
The HDCD remasters that are now over ten years old didn't do for me at all so I passed on them; I'm hoping these discs are more normally equalized.

Not a huge Eagles fan but there's also a box set of their first 6 albums that was recently released by WB/Rhino as well..

BubbaH

Tagline
---
You mean to tell me you ordered THAT instead of Best Of Both Worlds? :toothy10:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Of course you are, and I know that Tony. Ive seen Van Hagar live... sucked.. badly. Eddie made up for that though when I saw the reunion tour in 07 with DLR. Ive said it before, but that show took the #1 spot for shows ive seen, and sadly put my fav band ACDC to a close second. I also have never really been a Hagar fan, but there was a couple goodies from him during his spot with VH. Balance, probably being his best.

I have all VH albums, except for F.U.C.K, and Right Here Right Now, as well as several of the cd's, I have to say though, remasters havent impressed me all that much lately. The Diary Of A Madman Anniversary remaster is far from impressive. Let us know what you think of these when they arrive.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
No doubt Ben!

My hope on these remasters is for something more "leveled up" and hopefully a tad bit more generous on dynamic range than the CDs from the '90s.
If the EQ isn't out of whack then I'll be happy for the small amount of coin spent. Plus, I've never owned the complete Roth album set
on CD so having that will make for some happy recording time. I'll most certainly post up some type of mini-review
once I've had a thorough listen and mix-down my first tape.

As far as the rest of the VH catalog goes, I have a handful of song favorites spanning that time period, most notably because of Eddie's riffing.
I also find that 'Balance' to be one of their best of the bunch, that and 'OU812'. The build up on 'Sucker in a Three Piece' is
quintessential Eddie! And believe it or not, I'm probably one of only 10 people that actually likes 'Van Halen III' with Gary Cherone.

'Fire in the Hole' rips loud in my world! :toothy10:

Of course you are, and I know that Tony. Ive seen Van Hagar live... sucked.. badly. Eddie made up for that though when I saw the reunion tour in 07 with DLR. Ive said it before, but that show took the #1 spot for shows ive seen, and sadly put my fav band ACDC to a close second. I also have never really been a Hagar fan, but there was a couple goodies from him during his spot with VH. Balance, probably being his best.

I have all VH albums, except for F.U.C.K, and Right Here Right Now, as well as several of the cd's, I have to say though, remasters havent impressed me all that much lately. The Diary Of A Madman Anniversary remaster is far from impressive. Let us know what you think of these when they arrive.

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Funny you mention III...It always slips my mind that one. I also enjoyed that album. He's a good singer, but the album was widely shat on.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Showed up today much earlier than expected! (with a long, sought after Devin Townsend album too..)
The timing is perfect..

Both birthday presents to myself! :occasion8:

CAM00007.jpg

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Right, thats today isnt it. Happy Bday Tony
Thanks Ben!

LOL

guess what else showed up today Ben?

..even more "perfect timing" I must say..

CAM00012.jpg CAM00010.jpg

too funny.....and amazing at the same time!

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Great, glad it showed up. Impeccable timing for sure. I hope you enjoy the mix. I really like those UX-Pro tapes.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Did you get a chance to listen to that mix tape Tony? Ill pm the tracklist to you. I included a couple songs of the Canadian rock band that I saw with Buckcherry, back in January, One Bad Son. They seem to be gaining a lot of popularity with their new album.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Did you get a chance to listen to that mix tape Tony? Ill pm the tracklist to you. I included a couple songs of the Canadian rock band that I saw with Buckcherry, back in January, One Bad Son. They seem to be gaining a lot of popularity with their new album.
Not yet Ben; I was off to a birthday soiree right after work. I'll run through the mix-tape this weekend for sure!

Thanks for the set-list too! :bounce:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
If the box set is worthy of your thumbs-up, Tony, I may be interested in getting it. "A Different Kind Of Truth" wasn't mastered well and I didn't, even, listen to it more than once. That's why I am hesitant to buy more of their music. I like the earlier stuff up to the 80's.

Nando.