Rek O Kut B-16H Disassembly for resto

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I enjoy following your on off projects Perry. Some unique challenges have been whooped in a timely and elegant manner...

Sounds like I got too much time on my hands especially the time of year where ya can't go anywhere so inventing the idiotic is right up my alley. :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The XSV's and the 681EEE (along with the XV-15) are almost a half inch taller than the V-15 and made setting the tone arm height difficult and kinda had those taller carts at a bad angle. It had an old V-15 with a super vintage pickering Yellow W/Silver ellipse in the box when I got it so I found a NOS -V15 and an ATE cart along with it and after a couple albums it built up oil pressure and the transmission synchro's meshed and 4:11 rear end got it sounding great. The way that head shell of the 190D works, and with no stylus brush, weight at the stylus is like 1.9 grams and I'll experiment with it to see how it sounds but The Old V-15 and yellow stylus need some inspection and a possible retip before I'd let it near my nice records. I could trust it on the 16" John Phillip Souza marching band album that was run over by 3 panzers back in 1943.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
What cart ended up on it? The XSV? That should sell for a stupid amount of money. Maybe a straight up trade for a square body Chebby? Maybe try Albuquerque Craigslist, I still see square bodies daily......
Hell yeah, and I'd throw in the Crown Macro Reference and a WOPL for a good truck.

borchee

Journeyman
500 miles?...bloody hell!

Where I am from (Slovenia), such a radius (air line, though) covers a "handfull" of countries: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Italy, San Marino, Vatican, France and Belgium...and Luxemburg...and Lichtenstein...and Monaco. And the Republic of Belarus.

Yep, everything is bigger in Texas...eeehm, Minnesota; even the turntables.

Nice work on the fridge BTW, looks great!

EDIT: ...and Switzerland; slipped my mind, probably because I don't have enough Revox gear yet. o_O

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Yeah I found out tonight the XV-15/681 is a bad match for this arm. Couldn't get it to line up to the Baerwald protractor, also it had a bad rake angle. The V-15/500 lines up well.
Yep, that's why I put the V-15 on, plus the original owner had one on it wired for mono. On this arm all you can do is set the height and weight so I got the height set up for the cart being level, and the weight I have set for like 1.9 grams (no brush). I can snap the drawer door's shut and get NO skipping. Works great. The XV/681 are almost 1/2" taller than the V-15 so the rake looked WAYYYYY bad.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Yeah I found out tonight the XV-15/681 is a bad match for this arm. Couldn't get it to line up to the Baerwald protractor, also it had a bad rake angle. The V-15/500 lines up well.

Kyle, your arm is a 190D??? I see it doesn't have the counterweight like mine and the hole for mounting it on the post seems to be in a different spot