Reed Relay for Phase Linear 3500 Series Two (STANDEX LG101-2-12)

eykensf

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Does someone have the datasheet for the delay relay in the Phase Linear 3500 series Two or know a good substitude ? On the reed relay there is a text Standex LG101-2-12 and then 8012 - the unit is from 1980 so the 8012 is something with the date I supose. Thanks for helping me.

eykensf

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
This is the reed relay. I think that is the same as used in the 4000 series two. I have found a possible solution but with a different form factor : a MEDER STANDEX DIP12 - 2A72-21L. The existing one has on one site 2 and 4 connections on the other site. On the site with 4 leads, the middle 2 are de reed contacts (OUT), the outer wires are the coil for 12V. On the other site are 2 leads - these are the reed contacts (IN). So that is solved. Now testing the new - will come back in 5 days (Covid-19 delay for delivering something in Europe).

Attachments

eykensf

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Today I've installed the Meder DIP12-2A72-21L as a replacement for the original reed relay Standex LG101-2-12. This works fine. So a good replacement. I will now start a 100 hours test and than I can confirm that it is a long term solution.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Today I've installed the Meder DIP12-2A72-21L as a replacement for the original reed relay Standex LG101-2-12. This works fine. So a good replacement. I will now start a 100 hours test and than I can confirm that it is a long term solution.
Looks like you had to do some swizzling to get that in there...

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
It is common to have to fit newer made products in where real old stuff is. I come across it all the time with 40 year or 50 year old decks. DIP relays can do the same job and work fine as long as you do not put too much current through them. Mouser has a lot of relays that would work there.