RCA Panel/PCB mount for Phase Linear 3500 Series Two

eykensf

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hi,
I have a broken RCA connector (SW and UNSWITCHED OUT) on a Phase Linear 3500 series Two. I have made an adaptor for an metric new panel mount, but it is narrower than the original. Does someone have NOS or knows where to to find these original panel mount RCA's ? Thanks

Attachments

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I would machine the black piece out of a solid piece of Delrin or something and drill it for better connectors. The Rean ones are good n cheap... I use those a lot.

If you find another NOS part, it will do the same thing, and likely faster, due to modern RCA connectors actually having a decent grip. Or find vintage dental-floss RCA cables as supplied with early 80's equipment and make sure the four grounding prongs are all misshapen, so they barely contact the outer barrel.

George S.

I've gone to Walmart and gotten those white plastic cutting boards for plastic stock. Easy to cut and shape with hand and power tools.
Not sure what sort of plastic they are, but readily available and cheap

George S.

Oh, and black delrin sheet is available on eBay in various thicknesses.
No idea where to find original jacks. After a lot of searching I did find jacks for the earlier preamps, but they're different.
Are those similar to what were used in the later Carver preamps like the C1? Maybe look at those and see what those guys are using for upgrades.

Tagline
X usaf electronic tech.
U
I've gone to Walmart and gotten those white plastic cutting boards for plastic stock. Easy to cut and shape with hand and power tools.
Not sure what sort of plastic they are, but readily available and cheap
UHMW is the plastic Teflon type material durable and slick used in conveyor systems.