Rack Handle solution

kingman

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I was pondering buying some used handles from fellow members or trying Ebay and came up with this solution. Consensus? Phase rack handles 2.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Amen King, but here, Menards has 5 times as many as Home Depot....simply amazing. Gillette must be a great market for handles...drawer pulls, whatever ya call em...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Just my humble opinion and 2 cents but i think (and always say), kitchen drawer pulls need to stay in the kitchen. Its like putting sparkling water in your bong..... just plain inappropriate... sorry, they don't look right.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
They look OK but can whatever metal they're made of take the weight of amp moving it from place to place? I only think such a thing because during the first ten or so years of having my 700B, it was a PA amp and got hauled around quite a bit. Quite often, I carried it by only one handle and although it never did, the thought occurred of if that handle snapped off we would probably be PA-less for whatever gig we were doing.

kingman

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Just my humble opinion and 2 cents but i think (and always say), kitchen drawer pulls need to stay in the kitchen. Its like putting sparkling water in your bong..... just plain inappropriate... sorry, they don't look right.
I respect your opinion. They don't look correct but they are actually better quality and build. We all know Bob built on a budget. These are heavier duty and have an improved base. Still love the original look but if you are faced with bolts or this..

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I respect your opinion. They don't look correct but they are actually better quality and build. We all know Bob built on a budget. These are heavier duty and have an improved base. Still love the original look but if you are faced with bolts or this..
The handles can be made of titanium or unobtainium, don't Matter, its in the bolts or screws you use to attach them. Thats the weak link. If you are happy with drawer pulls, thats cool. I do alot of different (read crazy) shit. I once made a backlane out of a piece of toast that looked like jesus. It was noisy, but brought me good luck. :)

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
They look decent, beats trying to carry around one of those amps w/o handles!!!

kingman

Journeyman
Tagline
---
The handles can be made of titanium or unobtainium, don't Matter, its in the bolts or screws you use to attach them. Thats the weak link. If you are happy with drawer pulls, thats cool. I do alot of different (read crazy) shit. I once made a backlane out of a piece of toast that looked like jesus. It was noisy, but brought me good luck. :)
You are correct. Screws are the weak point along with the metal composite. Stainless screws for me....originals are good nuff but...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
They look OK but can whatever metal they're made of take the weight of amp moving it from place to place? I only think such a thing because during the first ten or so years of having my 700B, it was a PA amp and got hauled around quite a bit. Quite often, I carried it by only one handle and although it never did, the thought occurred of if that handle snapped off we would probably be PA-less for whatever gig we were doing.
And footless...